Recovery mode??

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tlcmd

Recovery mode??

Post by tlcmd »

I've been running Linux Mint for about 3 years as a dual boot on my older computer (with Windows XP) and am in the proces of switching to LMDE exclusively. Changed to LMDE over a year ago.

My Question: What is the "Recovery Mode" on the boot screen and when and how, when ,and if should I use it?

I've never really had any serious problems with LMDE and have been running it for well over a year. Only real problems are trying to get two of my Windows XP programs to run, but LMDE otherwise has never given me any trouble.

Thanks,
tlcmd (aka Dick)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Recovery mode??

Post by xenopeek »

Recovery mode has several tools to help with common problems. Try it to see a list, the top item in the list is "resume" which will continue regular boot. The most used item is the root shell which you can use if for whatever reason you can't login to your graphical desktop.
tlcmd

Re: Recovery mode??

Post by tlcmd »

thanks. I guess I've' just been lucky. My Windows XP has had so many problems despite antivirus, malware, ccleaner, regular defrag and disk check, stc, that I've been taking LMDE for granted.
tlcmd (aka Dick)

Return to “LMDE Archive”