script to switch between keyboard

Archived topics about LMDE 1
FDF
Level 2
Level 2

script to switch between keyboard

Post by FDF »

Hi,

I have discoverd an strange behavior (linux Mint LMDE).

I have two keyboard on the computer one Azerty, and one BÉPO layout. So I have the two defined in the keyboard manager of Gnome.
I can switch easily from one to the other by keyboard shortcut or clic on the icon.

THE STRANGE PART is when trying to suspend, if the Azerty layout is selected, it runs smoothly. When the BÉPO layout is selected it fails. The computer is starting again immediately and the X session is corrupted. I have to restart.

To avoid that, I want to set a small script launch just before suspending to switch the keyboard to Azerty layout.
A script just before suspending, that's easy, but I can't find the command to switch the keyboard to Azerty (which is default keyboard by the way).
Could anyone help me there?

Thanks
Last edited by xenopeek on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to LMDE forum

FDF
Level 2
Level 2

Re: script to switch between keyboard

Post by FDF »

Hi,

I have read quite a lot on keyboard, but it is managed on a quite low level through command like "setxkbmap" or directly in some setting files.

But here it is managed by Gnome as if I use setxkbmap, the Gnome applet to select multi layout is disabled. Then I can't switch easily then.

So I still have the problem, but I know I must send the command through gnome applet, but with a command…

Thanks for your help.

Return to “LMDE 1 Archive”