I love LMDE!

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Matsuro
Level 1
Level 1

Re: I love LMDE!

Post by Matsuro » Wed May 28, 2014 11:52 am

killer de bug wrote:Yes, it's a good distro. Stable and good to learn the debian way. I'm anxious to test Cinnamon 2.2 on it :)
I agree, I also can't wait to see the improvements in 2.2. I'm a big fan of Debian in general, and have used Debian on it's own off and on for years, but LMDE seems to be the best of both worlds. You have Debian, stability, and all the great tools and DE's that come with Mint with the improvements and stability straight from the developers instead of just using the DE as it gets filtered in some other Distro. I feel quite at home here. :)

filozofio
Level 1
Level 1

Post by filozofio » Fri May 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Yes, I love it too!

At the beginning of LMDE, you did not get the stabily of Debian... But now it works wonderfully!

I have been using Ubuntu for a while, and now I prefer LMDE, at least for my computer!

I have done a tutorial for the installation in my computer: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&t=168607

vito_spatafore
Level 2
Level 2

Post by vito_spatafore » Wed May 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Stratacast1 wrote:I really wasn't sure where to post this, but I just want to say how thrilled I am with LMDE! I tried pure Debian Testing, and had a nightmare with getting audio to work. I tried SolydXK (with XFCE which is still epic itself bc it has a few LM tools) and I put Kwin on there and I think it broke. So my friend convinced me to just try LMDE and wow I SO miss the Cinnamon desktop! Before, I just used LM with Cinnamon. Wow...everything works!!!!!!!!! I had evil times trying to get audio to work and this worked immediately with no hassle.

I don't know if any devs will read this, but guys/gals/whoever does the work for LMDE..GREAT JOB!! I've read there's talk about less support for LMDE, but guys...this is where Linux Mint should be!
IDEM !!!

Return to “LMDE 1 Archive”