mailnag not showing new notifications

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

mailnag not showing new notifications

Post by herbie643 »

Here we go...
I have been running Cinnamon 2.2 on SID with only 1 problem; it appears that Mailnag won't show new e-mail notifications until I open Thunderbird. Kinda pointless then since I now know I have new messages, BUT, I also have Gnome 3.12 installed.
Now, if I log in using Gnome Mailnag works fine, however, I have a startup program that provides 'natural scrolling' and is not run at startup on Gnome but it does run under Cinnamon.
I only installed Gnome 3.12 because I just can't leave well enough alone, but no harm, since it doesn't affect Cinnamon since Mailnag under Cinnamon has never shown new e-mail notifications.
So to get to the point of this thread, "Does anyone know what the heck Gnome 3 does that causes Mailnag to show new e-mail notifications?"

And btw, Gnome 3, IMHO, doesn't look or run as well as Cinnamon. Cinnamon is by far the slickest DE I have used so far.
Here is a 'scot' of my desktop if you care to look

https://imgur.com/EdjI6s2

Getting Mailnag to work would be the final step in a perfect desktop, for me at least.
Thanks for any help you may provide.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

[Solved] mailnag not showing new notifications

Post by herbie643 »

I decided to give GDM3 a whirl instead of Lightdm and now the messages in the notifications show up.
Go figure. What the heck is GDM doing that Lightdm isn't?

Return to “LMDE Archive”