Forum rules
LMDE 2 support ends on 1-1-2019
nuagedeboucane
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] Accessing a shared Canon BJC 4000 parallel printer

Post by nuagedeboucane » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi,

I have a Canon BJC4000 connected to a Rebecca Mate machine, and would like to access it by a LMDE one. On the printer configuration screen, here is what I have entered: ipps://192.168.1.107/parallel:dev/lp0. The address is the one of the Rebecca computer, and printer's parameters were taken from it's printing configuration tab.

I was sure that I was correct, but since it doesn't work, then I must I made a mistake (ore more than one ...)

Can somebody help me, please.

Thank you,
Nuage
Last edited by nuagedeboucane on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To repair something, you must break it before ;-)

Zill
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Accessing a shared Canon BJC 4000 parallel printer

Post by Zill » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:56 pm

nuagedeboucane: Assuming cups is properly installed on both your server machine (Rebecca Mate) and the client machine (LMDE), the printer should be found automatically without any manual configuration of addresses.

Please advise if you can print directly from the server machine, as this will confirm the printer is using the correct driver. If this is the case then please open the "Print Settings" GUI program and then click on Server > Settings. Ensure that the checkbox "Publish shared printers connected to this system" is set. (See below)
Server.png
Then ensure that the "Shared" option is checked in the Printer menu. (See below)
Printer.png
Your printer should now be available to any computer connected to your LAN.

If you open the "Print Settings" program on your client machine you should now see your printer appear automatically. (Note that it can take a minute or two for printers to appear). Once the printer appears, you can then right-click on it and set it as the default printer.

nuagedeboucane
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Accessing a shared Canon BJC 4000 parallel printer

Post by nuagedeboucane » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Thank you for your help. It has worked!!

Nuage
To repair something, you must break it before ;-)

Zill
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED] Accessing a shared Canon BJC 4000 parallel pri

Post by Zill » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:15 am

I'm pleased you got this working. :-)

Return to “LMDE 1 Archive”