mintmenu.py

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ChrisMW
Level 2
Level 2

mintmenu.py

Post by ChrisMW »

After the last update, where MDM and some other bits got upgraded, my mint menu is now titled mintmenu.py. How do I change either the title, or remove the title bar?

TIA Chris
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: mintmenu,py

Post by Monsta »

It happens with some window border themes, see http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 2#p1101676
ChrisMW
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ChrisMW »

True, but funny I only noticed now.... I've noticed if you flip to a theme that works, and flip back, it sometimes works, sometimes not. Ah well, back to the MATE menu then...... Thanks.......
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

It only started in 5.6.5 due to new border around mintMenu.
ChrisMW
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ChrisMW »

That would explain it. Anyway, although I prefer the Mint menu, the MATE menu will suffice. Doesn't look as good, but very functional.

Just a thought, is the bug wrt to the top window related? I've noticed that sometimes, especially when flipping between desktops, the window that is active, although it gets the input, is not the one visibly the active window, and there's another window that looks active and is topmost. A few clicks fix it, but haven't found a way to properly reproduce. This seems to coincide with the same update, but not 100% sure.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Rgds Chris
ChrisMW
Level 2
Level 2

Re: mintmenu.py

Post by ChrisMW »

Today a new mintmenu arrived that fixed the problem, all is well again. Impressive fixing speed, considering it was only a minor issue.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: mintmenu.py

Post by Monsta »

Yes, the process name in the titlebar is removed. The titlebar itself will still be there with some window border themes - it's their issue.

Return to “LMDE Archive”