What happens after Jan. 1st ?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Crewp

What happens after Jan. 1st ?

Post by Crewp »

Just curious, if these two forums ( LMDE & LMDE2 ) will be merged ? Or what is planned ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: What happens after Jan. 1st ?

Post by xenopeek »

Well, from that date LMDE is unsupported. Meaning you'll not longer receive security upgrades. Users that are still on LMDE are urged to upgrade to LMDE 2. That information has been prominently displayed on each LMDE forum for many months now.

We'll likely switch the LMDE forum to read-only early next year and perhaps rename it to Archive and move it to the LMDE 2 forums.

What do you think we should do with it?
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

I knew LMDE was only supported until Jan.1st 2016, I have been using LMDE 2 since it was released. I was only asking about your plans for the forums, seeing there are 2 for LMDE. " What do I think should be done with it ? " I guess I'd like to see the LMDE 2 forum set up as nice as the original's , meaning, having all the same format, ie: like
Cinnamon
Mate
etc. Again, I was only asking what you all had planned.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

We had limited the amount of subforums on LMDE 2 because LMDE forum activity at the time wasn't such that it made sense to further subdivide forums like we had originally done on LMDE. We can revisit that of course if things start to get busy and cluttered. Right now with at most a few new topics per week per subforum, I don't think it would add much to further subdivide the forums.
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

xenopeek wrote:We had limited the amount of subforums on LMDE 2 because LMDE forum activity at the time wasn't such that it made sense to further subdivide forums like we had originally done on LMDE. We can revisit that of course if things start to get busy and cluttered. Right now with at most a few new topics per week per subforum, I don't think it would add much to further subdivide the forums.
Thanks xenopeek, I guess it will all work out, you must have a lot to consider.
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

With this new year, now is the time for every LMDE1 user to move to LMDE2 Betsy. :)

Instructions are available here: http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=196264

Return to “LMDE Archive”