Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mhwelsh

syndaemon: no process found

Post by mhwelsh »

Code: Select all

syndaemon: no process found
The second line is:

Code: Select all

mdm[3095]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_key_file_free: assertion 'key_file !=NULL' failed.
[code]
[/code]
This is from a recent new installation from 'latest' .iso. ( 201503). Having diligently installed all of the extras I was presented with a large update, presumably everything that came after the .iso had been generated, and this appeared the next day.

The machine produces a good image so the graphics appear to be working but the first request is for my user name and the second request is for my password. It recycles these requests and then puts up the above messages.

What do these messages indicate and what can I do to repair the installation?

When I start the machine in the console it does not connect to the internet (wifi) so if internet access is required some clues about how to connect will be helpful.

martin welsh
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mhwelsh

[Resolved} Re: syndaemon: no process found

Post by mhwelsh »

I suspect that the fundamental cause of the failure was an incomplete upgrade, some of the sources could not be reached.

I have reloaded a fresh copy of the .iso and updated/upgraded before I did any thing else.
The .iso appears to be about six months old and judging by the need for some 280 updates nothing has been done to it since.

Even this process was not straight forward and using apt needed more than one go before it was fully updated.

It all seems to have come right in the end.

Return to “LMDE Archive”