[SOLVED] Brasero + ISO support

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Forum rules
Locked
rolandpish
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:33 pm

[SOLVED] Brasero + ISO support

Post by rolandpish » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi.

In my LMDE box, I'm trying to create an ISO image from a CD using brasero, but brasero only shows the options to create cue or cdrdao options. What can I do or install to let brasero create iso images?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by rolandpish on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14
Posts: 5027
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:54 am
Location: Salem, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Brasero + ISO support

Post by tdockery97 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:04 am

I never use Brasero. I've heard too many stories of it making coasters. I have never had a bad burn using K3b. The only caveat is to install it using the Mint Software Manager, not the Package Manager. The Package Manager seems to bring in half the KDE desktop just to install K3b. Software Manager just installs the dependencies that are needed to run K3b.
Linux Mint 18.3 KDE

User avatar
richyrich
Level 18
Level 18
Posts: 8677
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: Brasero + ISO support

Post by richyrich » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:18 am

Don't know if this will help you, but this member found a solution by installing brasero-cdrkit

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... rn#p320773

anamnesis
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Cornwall, GB

Re: Brasero + ISO support

Post by anamnesis » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:37 am

Are you sure that your hardware (cd/dvd burner) is okay? I used brasero today to burn a dvd iso image without any probs. But brasero indeed has probs to copy audio cds. Imo there is no need to install k3b. Try gnomebaker.

hth
anamnesis

rolandpish
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Re: Brasero + ISO support

Post by rolandpish » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am

richyrich wrote:Don't know if this will help you, but this member found a solution by installing brasero-cdrkit

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... rn#p320773
brasero-cdrkit was the solution, I'm hugely happy :)

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your replies!

Cheers

chiefjim
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 703
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:26 am
Location: South Texas, USA

Re: Brasero + ISO support

Post by chiefjim » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:08 pm

tdockery97 wrote:The only caveat is to install it using the Mint Software Manager, not the Package Manager. The Package Manager seems to bring in half the KDE desktop just to install K3b. Software Manager just installs the dependencies that are needed to run K3b.
Is that true for other applications as well? I always thought that Mint Software Manager was nothing more than Package Manager presenting the applications in a custom sorted format.

I too have other KDE apps running with M9. No telling how much unneeded stuff came with it.
Desktop:
Mint-18.3 Mate 64 bit
MSI B85M-E45
Intel G3258
Crucial Ballistic Sport 8GB DDR3 1600
2TB HDD WD Black 7200rpm

Laptop:
Acer Aspire AS5552-5898
Mint-17.3 Mate 64 bit
AMD Phenom II Triple-Core N830
4GB Memory DDR3
500GB HDD 5400rpm

User avatar
Hezy
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: Brasero + ISO support

Post by Hezy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:34 pm

chiefjim wrote:
tdockery97 wrote:The only caveat is to install it using the Mint Software Manager, not the Package Manager. The Package Manager seems to bring in half the KDE desktop just to install K3b. Software Manager just installs the dependencies that are needed to run K3b.
Is that true for other applications as well? I always thought that Mint Software Manager was nothing more than Package Manager presenting the applications in a custom sorted format.

I too have other KDE apps running with M9. No telling how much unneeded stuff came with it.

I would also like to know if this is true.
keep on rockin' in the free world

my microblog: http://identi.ca/hezy

porrisbar
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina
Contact:

Re: Brasero + ISO support

Post by porrisbar » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:14 pm

rolandpish wrote:
richyrich wrote:Don't know if this will help you, but this member found a solution by installing brasero-cdrkit

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... rn#p320773
brasero-cdrkit was the solution, I'm hugely happy :)

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your replies!

Cheers
Hi, I have the same problem and installed brasero-cdrkit but it still doesn't show ISO when I'm trying to make a copy of an audio CD
Mariano Sánchez

User avatar
Pjotr
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9666
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:18 am
Location: The Netherlands (Holland)
Contact:

Re: [SOLVED] Brasero + ISO support

Post by Pjotr » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:55 am

Try Xfburn. I highly recommend it. :)
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

User avatar
Fragezeichen
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:10 am

Re: [SOLVED] Brasero + ISO support

Post by Fragezeichen » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Yeah, Brasero seems to be a bit buggy in general. I remember wanting to burn a Lubuntu image with a size of 698 MiB on a regular 700MiB CD a couple of months ago but it wouldn't let me do that and gave me an error and aborted the burning process halfway through rendering the disk useless. Then I tried K3b and it worked flawlessly. I think Brasero is confusing MiB and MB since smaller images or files (<650MiB) were no problem, only the bigger ones. Very strange indeed.

Locked

Return to “Archive”