[SOLVED] Brasero + ISO support

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rolandpish

[SOLVED] Brasero + ISO support

Post by rolandpish »

Hi.

In my LMDE box, I'm trying to create an ISO image from a CD using brasero, but brasero only shows the options to create cue or cdrdao options. What can I do or install to let brasero create iso images?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Brasero + ISO support

Post by tdockery97 »

I never use Brasero. I've heard too many stories of it making coasters. I have never had a bad burn using K3b. The only caveat is to install it using the Mint Software Manager, not the Package Manager. The Package Manager seems to bring in half the KDE desktop just to install K3b. Software Manager just installs the dependencies that are needed to run K3b.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Don't know if this will help you, but this member found a solution by installing brasero-cdrkit

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... rn#p320773
anamnesis

Post by anamnesis »

Are you sure that your hardware (cd/dvd burner) is okay? I used brasero today to burn a dvd iso image without any probs. But brasero indeed has probs to copy audio cds. Imo there is no need to install k3b. Try gnomebaker.

hth
anamnesis
rolandpish

Post by rolandpish »

richyrich wrote:Don't know if this will help you, but this member found a solution by installing brasero-cdrkit

brasero-cdrkit was the solution, I'm hugely happy :)

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your replies!

Cheers
chiefjim
Level 6
Level 6

Post by chiefjim »

tdockery97 wrote:The only caveat is to install it using the Mint Software Manager, not the Package Manager. The Package Manager seems to bring in half the KDE desktop just to install K3b. Software Manager just installs the dependencies that are needed to run K3b.
Is that true for other applications as well? I always thought that Mint Software Manager was nothing more than Package Manager presenting the applications in a custom sorted format.

I too have other KDE apps running with M9. No telling how much unneeded stuff came with it.
Mint-21.0 Mate 64 bit / LMDE-5 64 bit
Gigabyte H370M D3H
Intel G3258
Crucial Ballistic Sport 32GB DDR4 2400
8TB HDD Seagate Baracuda 5400rpm
Hezy

Post by Hezy »

chiefjim wrote:
tdockery97 wrote:The only caveat is to install it using the Mint Software Manager, not the Package Manager. The Package Manager seems to bring in half the KDE desktop just to install K3b. Software Manager just installs the dependencies that are needed to run K3b.
Is that true for other applications as well? I always thought that Mint Software Manager was nothing more than Package Manager presenting the applications in a custom sorted format.

I too have other KDE apps running with M9. No telling how much unneeded stuff came with it.

I would also like to know if this is true.
porrisbar

Post by porrisbar »

rolandpish wrote:
richyrich wrote:Don't know if this will help you, but this member found a solution by installing brasero-cdrkit

brasero-cdrkit was the solution, I'm hugely happy :)

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your replies!

Cheers
Hi, I have the same problem and installed brasero-cdrkit but it still doesn't show ISO when I'm trying to make a copy of an audio CD
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Re: [SOLVED] Brasero + ISO support

Post by Pjotr »

Try Xfburn. I highly recommend it. :)
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Fragezeichen

Re: [SOLVED] Brasero + ISO support

Post by Fragezeichen »

Yeah, Brasero seems to be a bit buggy in general. I remember wanting to burn a Lubuntu image with a size of 698 MiB on a regular 700MiB CD a couple of months ago but it wouldn't let me do that and gave me an error and aborted the burning process halfway through rendering the disk useless. Then I tried K3b and it worked flawlessly. I think Brasero is confusing MiB and MB since smaller images or files (<650MiB) were no problem, only the bigger ones. Very strange indeed.

Return to “LMDE Archive”