Page 1 of 1

Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:48 pm
by nevius
I just got Wine 1.3.6 working by downloading it from here:
http://dev.carbon-project.org/debian/wine-unstable/
This does not seem like it is the best way to go about getting a newer version of wine. Is there a wine 1.3 repository for LMDE / Debian?

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:20 am
by indaymadel
nevius wrote:Is there a wine 1.3 repository for LMDE / Debian?


Nope. Their last version was 1.1.42. Maybe the maintainer stops working on it? I don't know. But it's very outdated, even in sid.

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:14 am
by pollanza
I use this repo to update wine to the latest version. For me it works ok.

Code: Select all

deb http://frickelplatz.de/debian/ sid main non-free contrib

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:37 pm
by reference2myself
I used the ubuntu repo cuz none of the debian ones that I tried put the menu in there where you can launch the windows apps you installed

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:07 pm
by KenWeiLL
reference2myself wrote:I used the ubuntu repo cuz none of the debian ones that I tried put the menu in there where you can launch the windows apps you installed


I thought Ubuntu is not compatible with Debian and/or LMDE

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:05 am
by sgosnell
Ubuntu is a fork of Debian. The apps pretty much are interchangeable. I've seen no compatibility issues.

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:01 pm
by ChromeMukuro
pollanza wrote:I use this repo to update wine to the latest version. For me it works ok.

Code: Select all

deb http://frickelplatz.de/debian/ sid main non-free contrib


is there a public key or whatnot for this source?

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm
by sgosnell
ChromeMukuro wrote:is there a public key or whatnot for this source?

viewtopic.php?p=325953#p325953

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:32 pm
by zole052
Please add a newer version of wine in the linux mint debian repo. At least wine 1.2.1 if not the last development version!

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:16 pm
by mfdemicco
Is is just me, or does Wine really not work reliably? I tried using Filemaker Pro v6 in it, and my relational database froze and every file was corrupted. Good thing I backed it up before using it under Wine. I also installed Windows Firefox with the Flash plugin. It froze also.

Re: Wine 1.3.6

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:29 pm
by sgosnell
Why would you run Firefox for Windows in wine?

Wine is not perfect by any means, and some Windows programs won't run at all, others only partly. That's well-known.