My nautilus is messed up after upgrade

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mttrackmaster38

My nautilus is messed up after upgrade

Post by mttrackmaster38 »

Using the hadret.rootnode.net/debian repository I upgraded nautilus using distro upgrade. After restarting nautilus the desktop turned blue and the file browser looks like crap. My appearance settings say I still am using my custom wallpaper. Lmde is really pissing me off with all these problems that I'm about to switch if I can't fix this. Please help because nautilus is also missing some essential right click scripts.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vincent

Re: My nautilus is messed up after upgrade

Post by vincent »

Did these problems start appearing right after you installed packages from a 3rd party PPA? If so, why are you blaming LMDE? :? Why don't you try uninstalling those packages instead and reverting back to the official packages provided by Debian?
mttrackmaster38

Post by mttrackmaster38 »

I'll try that and post the results. I'm blaming lmde because I'm also having way more problems than I did with regular linux mint before I even added a 3rd party repositorie. Everything is so more complicated.
vincent

Post by vincent »

Post all your problems one-by-one and we'll identify whether or not they're really LMDE's fault, heh. Keep in mind that Debian and Ubuntu have diverged a lot over the past few years, and that not everything that applies to Ubuntu-based Mint will apply to Debian-based Mint. Try to keep an open mind...

Your current background/icon problem probably took place because nautilus-elementary from that 3rd party PPA probably pulled in additional artwork packages or whatnot as dependencies. Never used that PPA before, so can't say for sure...but make sure you purge everything you installed from that PPA, not just nautilus-elementary. And hopefully you won't purge Nautilus and wipe out half of Gnome in the process...in that case, you have nothing else to blame besides user error. :?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

actually Hadret does a great job maintaining his "ppa" for Debian but if you are going to use it you have to know what you use :)
in the following links you can have an idea why your nautilus looked like that after upgrade.
in short, Hadret upgraded nautilus to 2.32.0 which requires dependencies from experimental.

http://blog.fchabik.com/moving-forward

http://blog.fchabik.com/rhythmbox-0132- ... ntary-2320

Return to “LMDE Archive”