Problem with openshot

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
sunwatt

Problem with openshot

Post by sunwatt »

Ive used openshot before, but its been awhile, when I was using Mint 7.

I'm ok with the basics, I produced a very simple slideshow or two for youtube, and made a DVD using DeVeDe.

Just changed to LMDE and started a openshot project, and Im having some problems.

To start with I import a mp3 and try to drag it to track1 and it goes to track 2, when I find it.To find it I have to move the slider bar, (slide to zoom) off the default 15sec, and mess with it, then the mp3 file I dragged there shows up.

When I try to drag the mp3 file or clip left or right, it goes behind something, it disappears. So I cant drag it to the very start 00.00 seconds.

So then I import a jpg and try to put it in the other track, track1 drop it and its not there.

I go back to track 2 and dont see it there either. I mess with the zoom slider again, it shows up. The jpg and mp3 clip there together, and I cant put this in order.

Why cant I put jpgs in a different track as the mp3.

I want the mp3 in one track and the jpg clips in the other track.

What went wrong?

Thanks

Jim
Dell Mini 9 32gb ssd
LMDE
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fanisatt

Re: Problem with openshot

Post by fanisatt »

I had the same problems with openshot under LMDE. Iam 100% sure that there is no problem with my hardware.
I also tried kdenlive. After I made some changes in the application settings (playback - audio driver and device) it is ok.
sunwatt

Re: Problem with openshot

Post by sunwatt »

I have 2 machines running lmde and openshot does the same on both of them.

I installed kdenlive, and it works fine.

But what happened to openshot?

Is it LMDE, or is it the new version of openshot?

If LMDE is gunna be this way I might have to have one machine on Ubuntu.

Thanks for replying, BIG help!

Jim

Return to “LMDE Archive”