will there be a new DVD?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dante19992

will there be a new DVD?

Post by dante19992 »

when the debian 6 is released with there be a new more up-to-date LMDE DVD hosted on the site with a more up-to-date kernel and packages and whatnot?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: will there be a new DVD?

Post by Habitual »

"up-to-date" = Instant Gratification takes too long.

Why would there be? You are up-to-date when you update the system via apt-get upgrade.
Another ISO would just be redundant and/or superfluous not to mention confusing?
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

for like kernel updates and whatnot. just updating the iso. cuz last time i installed LMDE it too me 6 1/2 frickin hours to get and install all of my updates. so im hoping for an updated iso so that way i dont have to sit there staring at the screen with a blank zombie-like stare while it spends 6 hours downloading updates and another 30 mins applying them
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

dante19992 wrote:for like kernel updates and whatnot. just updating the iso. cuz last time i installed LMDE it too me 6 1/2 frickin hours to get and install all of my updates. so im hoping for an updated iso so that way i dont have to sit there staring at the screen with a blank zombie-like stare while it spends 6 hours downloading updates and another 30 mins applying them
I feel ya, but you could stare at the back of your eyelids instead of the screen while updating! :P
dante19992

Re: will there be a new DVD?[SOLVED]

Post by dante19992 »

that is what i do when im downloading the iso lolz :P well i hope they update the iso just for the users sake cuz i lost my install disc for LMDE and dont really wanna reinstall with the old kernel anyway (mainly cuz i get SO MANY issues with that kernel. missing sound effects annoying bug zapper sounds missing functions all that crap.

Return to “LMDE Archive”