Mouse input freezes when keyboard key held

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Darksun

Mouse input freezes when keyboard key held

Post by Darksun »

Hello,

Apologies if there's a better place to post this, I'm just really not sure where the root of my issue lies. I'm using a laptop and I mostly use the trackpad, but I plug a USB mouse in when I want to play games. I only installed LMDE a few weeks ago, and today was the first time I've tried this and I encountered an issue while trying to play Minecraft. When I'm holding a key down on the keyboard, input from the USB mouse is ignored for a few seconds, then after that input becomes sporadic for a few seconds (the cursor jumps around), and then it's fine. If I release the key, the mouse input freezes again for a few seconds.

At first I thought it was an issue with the game but I discovered the same issue occurs in all software, e.g. if I go into gedit or just onto the desktop and hold down 'W' or some other key and try moving the cursor I see the same behaviour. I don't get any issues while using the trackpad, even while the USB mouse is plugged in.

As I said, I really don't know where this issue lies so I'm not sure what kind of debugging info would be helpful. Here's the output of lsusb, please let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help get to the bottom of this

Code: Select all

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0020 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0020 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0ac8:c342 Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0a5c:219b Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth 2.1 Device
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1532:0003 Razer USA, Ltd Krait Mouse
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwevej

Re: Mouse input freezes when keyboard key held

Post by kwevej »

In case u got a touchpad, check under mouse settings:
[Disable touchpad while typping]
Darksun

Re: Mouse input freezes when keyboard key held

Post by Darksun »

kwevej wrote:In case u got a touchpad, check under mouse settings:
[Disable touchpad while typping]
I already checked that, it doesn't make a difference whether that option is enabled or disabled.

Return to “LMDE Archive”