Debian CE Artwork...

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Forum rules
User avatar
Ede
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Ede » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:25 am

molom: Clem and the others made a temporary preview, but it inspired zonas to make the community edition of Debian Mint, just like others created community editions of KDE / E17. So it will be a real edition. =)

Phill
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Phill » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I've revamped the login screen a bit - I've sorted out the image at the top (it's much clearer now) and the quality of the background will be great up to 1600x1200.

Image

Don't know what you lot think, but I'm much more pleased with it (I did spend an extra 2-3 hours on it, so I would).
Image
Waiting patiently for Mint Debian...

Phill
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Phill » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm

I've also put together a couple of wallpapers quickly (they're all the same thing, just different sizes)

Image
1024x768
1280x1024
1600x1200

There's probably more ideas rattling around in my head, so expect more to come...
Image
Waiting patiently for Mint Debian...

Phill
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Phill » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:43 pm

Actually, as I wrote that, I thought of this...

Image

Sorry it's only 1280x1024, I'll do some more tomorrow!
Image
Waiting patiently for Mint Debian...

guest

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:50 am

Everything has been fantastic. I like it especially those arts Ede made...They're plain and simple yet artistic and pleasing. :D
Early this morning someone posted this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8633. I thought you might want this applied in this edition. It is a brilliant idea I think. Just give it a thought...

User avatar
VaMPiRiC_CRoW
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:30 pm
Location: pt

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby VaMPiRiC_CRoW » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:02 pm

You are doing a wonderful job!!! :D

Keep going... :P
Image

Phill
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Phill » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:42 pm

OK, here's a few more, I'm trying to steer away from all the dark grey - I've already done plenty like that! Two of these are JPEGs - I've got better quality PNGs if anyone wants them - but because they're 1600x1200, they're both about 1Mb.

Image Image Image

What else is there to design? I've done a Gnome splash, a GDM theme and a few wallpapers. Any more ideas guys?
Image
Waiting patiently for Mint Debian...

User avatar
molom
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby molom » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:08 pm

Phill wrote:OK, here's a few more, I'm trying to steer away from all the dark grey - I've already done plenty like that! Two of these are JPEGs - I've got better quality PNGs if anyone wants them - but because they're 1600x1200, they're both about 1Mb.

Image Image Image

What else is there to design? I've done a Gnome splash, a GDM theme and a few wallpapers. Any more ideas guys?


I really like the logo. IT'S AMAZING!!!

Cheers,
molom

Phill
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Phill » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:32 pm

molom wrote:
Phill wrote:OK, here's a few more, I'm trying to steer away from all the dark grey - I've already done plenty like that! Two of these are JPEGs - I've got better quality PNGs if anyone wants them - but because they're 1600x1200, they're both about 1Mb.

Image Image Image

What else is there to design? I've done a Gnome splash, a GDM theme and a few wallpapers. Any more ideas guys?


I really like the logo. IT'S AMAZING!!!

Cheers,
molom


Thanks molom, I'm glad it's liked. When I first made it I wasn't sure about it, but it's really grown on me! Here's the logo in a transparent PNG - it's pretty big so can be scaled down if needed...

Image

I know it looks kind of weird (and stranger still if you click it) but if you open it in GIMP you'll see the transparency.

Thanks,
Phill
Image
Waiting patiently for Mint Debian...

User avatar
Ede
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Ede » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:33 pm

Phill: I really liked the twirl. :) Nice idea, but it could be a bit crisper. I spy a pixel in my eye. But I did not like the logo. It's too much on the same time and confusing and messy, IMO.

adredz
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby adredz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:03 am

Phill wrote:
Image

Thanks,
Phill


you just altered the LM-logo. :D now branding is in jeopardy...well not to me :D

adredz
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby adredz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:08 am

Ede wrote:Phill: I really liked the twirl. :) Nice idea, but it could be a bit crisper. I spy a pixel in my eye. But I did not like the logo. It's too much on the same time and confusing and messy, IMO.

i agree...

Phill
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Phill » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Ede wrote:Phill: I really liked the twirl. :) Nice idea, but it could be a bit crisper. I spy a pixel in my eye. But I did not like the logo. It's too much on the same time and confusing and messy, IMO.


Fair enough. Since someone said something about the name possibly changing (esp. removing the 'linux' bit), I was trying to experiment a bit. I've put together another wallpaper as I don't seem to be able to stop myself making them. This one's back to grey, although I've tried to lighten it up a bit. A slightly different logo too...

Image
Image
Waiting patiently for Mint Debian...

adredz
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby adredz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 am

Ede wrote:I tried something abit minimalistic, yet stylish.

Image

to be frank, i vote for this to be the official logo of Mint Debian. however, i think it needs some polish to make it look minty..putting shades of green on Mint makes it better, IMO.

User avatar
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10
Posts: 3077
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:20 pm
Location: Deep in the Swedish woods
Contact:

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Zwopper » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:09 am

adredz wrote:
Ede wrote:I tried something abit minimalistic, yet stylish.

Image

to be frank, i vote for this to be the official logo of Mint Debian. however, i think it needs some polish to make it look minty..putting shades of green on Mint makes it better, IMO.

...I reworked Ede's excellent original design a little...
Image
Image
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4

User avatar
molom
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby molom » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:14 am

Zwopper wrote:
adredz wrote:
Ede wrote:I tried something abit minimalistic, yet stylish.

Image

to be frank, i vote for this to be the official logo of Mint Debian. however, i think it needs some polish to make it look minty..putting shades of green on Mint makes it better, IMO.

...I reworked Ede's excellent original design a little...
Image


Your logo takes away the debianess, while the older logo takes away the Mintiness! I don't know which one to choose :cry: :? :D

Cheers,
molom

adredz
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby adredz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:16 am

molom wrote:Your logo takes away the debianess, while the older logo takes away the Mintiness! I don't know which one to choose :cry: :? :D

Cheers,
molom


im confused. In what way does zwopper revised logo take away the debianess? how could it be when it has the debian trademark all over it...

adredz
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby adredz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:18 am

Zwopper wrote:...I reworked Ede's excellent original design a little...
Image


good enough, IMO. i think this will do...watcha think zonas?

adredz
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby adredz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:29 am

Anyone has the time to put the Mint symbol beside the revised logo Zwopper made? i think we should not abandon the LM-symbol, IMO...let's see if they fit well together...one suggestion though, alter the symbol's color combination a bit to go with the dark pattern Zwopper made...

User avatar
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10
Posts: 3077
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:20 pm
Location: Deep in the Swedish woods
Contact:

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Postby Zwopper » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:35 am

adredz wrote:Anyone has the time to put the Mint symbol beside the revised logo Zwopper made? i think we should not abandon the LM-symbol, IMO...let's see if they fit well together...one suggestion though, alter the symbol's color combination a bit to go with the dark pattern Zwopper made...

Just a quick and dirty one...
I will make a cleaner, crisper, not so compressed version if it gets approval.
Image
Image
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4


Return to “Archive”