Page 6 of 6

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:35 pm
by Ede
Yes. =) But when I look at it now, it would be nicer if the whole corner was black. No stars in the corner. Indeed it's cheating, but who cares as long as it looks nice in the graphical world? ^^

One final quirk... PNG. Please. :P
I can see artifacts around the mint-logo 10 miles away. :P

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:04 pm
by Phill
Ede wrote:Yes. =) But when I look at it now, it would be nicer if the whole corner was black. No stars in the corner. Indeed it's cheating, but who cares as long as it looks nice in the graphical world? ^^

One final quirk... PNG. Please. :P
I can see artifacts around the mint-logo 10 miles away. :P


Whew! I'm glad I don't make your tea in the morning! ;-)

OK, so this should be the final one then.

Image

I was thinking about making a GDM Theme based on the image with one dark side (below). What do you think Ede? Is it worth it?

Image

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:48 am
by Ede
Phill wrote:Whew! I'm glad I don't make your tea in the morning! ;-)

You can never polish a diamond too much you know. ;)

It turned out great. Though the logo looks abit out-of-contex.. And I've got no ideas how to improve that.
Anyway, it just became my current wallpaper. =)

Phill wrote:I was thinking about making a GDM Theme based on the image with one dark side (below). What do you think Ede? Is it worth it?

Definitely.

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:21 am
by sourwire
Hi everyone. After deciding to contribute to the cause, I created these splash screens, hope you like them.

NOTE: the background for the third one was based on wallpaper here: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... tent=74872.

Image
Image
Image

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:08 am
by sundayrefugee
Very nice!

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:54 am
by Phill
Finally made it (I've been really busy). Here's the GDM. There's always room for change (as Ede pointed out), so let me know if you think it needs changing.

Image

Re: Debian CE Artwork...

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:26 pm
by rbanavara
duron27 wrote:here is another idea...if anyone likes these I will make more..

I liked the above esp, the aqua bubble...
somehow I wont prefer grey background (this is a very minor crib).

Edit: Erm...! Ignore my post (am bit toooo late!)