Intsalling LMDE in a RAID 1 enviroment

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
wankel

Intsalling LMDE in a RAID 1 enviroment

Post by wankel »

Hello. Sorry! I was wrong. Itwas a confussion with LMDE and LM 11
I have a DEll Precison 380 Chipset Intel 955X Express. I have ubuntu 11.10 x64 installed in a hardware RAID 1 system (four Disks --> two raid units mirrored).
When I decided change to Linux years ago, I choose Ubuntu because it was easy to install, despite of the RAID. I say "despite" because SUSE made terrible things :x in the RAID file systems.
So, I am not agree with the evolution of Ubuntu through Unity or Gnome 3, and I have moved all my computers (a net book and a 15.6" laptop) to LinuxMINT sucessfully.
Nevertheless, I have tested MINT Debian Edition x64 on my Precision Workstation, but in "live" mode LMDE doesn't recognize RAID Hardware system. The four disk (two raid units) appears like four independent drives.
SO, question is: There is some way to install LMDE on my RAID system?

Take in consideration that despite I am using Linux since 5 years, I am an user only. I am not an expert using terminal.
THanks you for your help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wankel

Re: Intsalling LMDE in a RAID 1 enviroment

Post by wankel »

EEEEEEEE..The problem is installing LMDebian Edition, no LM 11. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sorry
Any Idea to help me???
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

hi,
lmde's installer (still) doesn't support raid installs,
the only howto i found is this one http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 24&start=0 (hope it can help you out)
wankel

Post by wankel »

I will to try it. Thank you very much!!!

Return to “LMDE Archive”