Network Manager not remembering password

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
gideond

Network Manager not remembering password

Post by gideond »

Previously I had Network Manager set up to remember my wireless key for my own network. After the big update to Gnome 3 it is no longer remembering the password. I enter it in the settings and choose to let all users use the connection, then cllick save. I see a password screen flash by but I have no chance to enter mys sytem password. It just disappears and my wireless key does not get saved. Any input?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gideond

Re: Network Manager not remembering password

Post by gideond »

Got it fixed. I opened the Network Connections from the main application menu and input the password. The validation box popped up fine and save my changed this time. For some reason when you access these settings from the applet menu on the top bar it prevents you from saving settings correctly.
gozer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gozer »

Had the same problem. Even going in through network manager from the applet menu would not work. The authentication box would flash and disappear then it still wouldn't remember a password. Going in through the Network Connections control from the system tools got it working.
Debian Testing
g+
spandey

Post by spandey »

gideond, Please put [Solved] in the subject line to mark it solved.

Return to “LMDE Archive”