Gnome 3 and LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
zulfikar

Gnome 3 and LMDE

Post by zulfikar »

Hey does LMDE support Gnome 3 ? I want to try it and also want to try kde just for fun. I have both LMDE Gnome and LMDE Xfce (though this one not installed as yet ) , another question , is LMDE Xfce same like the xfce which I downloaded from the repo ? I ask so that I don't install LMDE Xfce version.

I AM JUST LOVING LMDE :) It looks like win 7 now with the theme :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Gnome 3 and LMDE

Post by zerozero »

hi zulfikar,
gnome3 is available in testing (with gnome-shell v.3.0), so in order to get it you will have to change your sources.list from the default latest (loosing the safety of the UP) and entering the wild world of debian testing :lol:
Lendo

Post by Lendo »

I think you need to track SID for Gnome 3
zulfikar

Post by zulfikar »

zerozero wrote:hi zulfikar,
gnome3 is available in testing (with gnome-shell v.3.0), so in order to get it you will have to change your sources.list from the default latest (loosing the safety of the UP) and entering the wild world of debian testing :lol:
Ah then i am better off with the stock.
zulfikar

Post by zulfikar »

Got a question.

I have installed Lxde on LMDE Gnome and I see this openbox but when i try the openbox session it only shows me a screen with a mouse pointer and nothing else , I have never used openbox can anyone tell me how to use it.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

zulfikar, unfortunately i can't help you there (never used openbox) and i'm afraid your post will get lost in this topic, so my advise is to open a new topic with a more specific subject and certainly you will get better assistance.
asymmetros

Post by asymmetros »

Return to “LMDE Archive”