Openjdk 7

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
TheGreatSudoku

Openjdk 7

Post by TheGreatSudoku »

Is there a way to test out OpenJDK 7 as a plugin for Mozilla based browsers in LMDE?

According to this (obviously incorrect) wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/Java

icedtea-plugin should install OpenJDK 7, however it installs OpenJDK 6. Is it as easy as just downloading the OpenJDK 7 jre and editing plugin simlinks to point to the libs in the OpenJDK 7 folder?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gerd50

Re: Openjdk 7

Post by Gerd50 »

It's already installed in my system and i didn't install it myself. Must have happened with an update. My sources.list
points to testing. If you run latest, try to install openjdk 7 with testing repos enabled.
TheGreatSudoku

Post by TheGreatSudoku »

I'm running using sid repositories :lol: At one point I mucked around to get sun-java-plugin and removed the iced tea stuff, now reverting back may prove a bit tricky.

[edit]: trickier than expected! apt-listbugs caught the following grave bug in Sid's version of ca-certificates-java
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=655330

looks like I won't be doing any reverting back until that bug gets fixed.
Gerd50

Post by Gerd50 »

I thought you are running sid repos, but was not sure :wink: Well, i tried to install openjdk7 in sid, the result is,
let's wait until the bug is fixed :lol:
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

The problem with icedtea-7-plugin atm is the idiot dev made it depend on a bunch of Gnome crap. So if you are like me running KDE or a different de/wm and not Gnome you probably do not want all of the Gnome junk installed.

Code: Select all

# apt-get install icedtea-7-plugin -s
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  gnome-mime-data gvfs gvfs-common gvfs-daemons gvfs-libs libavahi-glib1 libbonobo2-0 libbonobo2-common libgdu0 libgnome2-0   libgnome2-common libgnomevfs2-0 libgnomevfs2-common libidl0 liborbit2 openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-jre-headless   openjdk-7-jre-lib
Suggested packages:
  gvfs-backends libbonobo2-bin libgnomevfs2-bin fam libnss-mdns sun-java6-fonts fonts-ipafont-gothic fonts-ipafont-mincho
  ttf-wqy-microhei ttf-wqy-zenhei ttf-indic-fonts
Recommended packages:
  policykit-1-gnome libgnomevfs2-extra icedtea-7-jre-cacao icedtea-7-jre-jamvm
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  gnome-mime-data gvfs gvfs-common gvfs-daemons gvfs-libs icedtea-7-plugin libavahi-glib1 libbonobo2-0 libbonobo2-common   libgdu0 libgnome2-0 libgnome2-common libgnomevfs2-0 libgnomevfs2-common libidl0 liborbit2 openjdk-7-jre
  openjdk-7-jre-headless openjdk-7-jre-lib
0 upgraded, 19 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
I had it installed and removed Openjdk7 when it tried to install all of that junk. I went ahead and installed Oracle's Java. Which is simple to do now that java-package is back in the Debian repos.

Code: Select all

Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_31

File: /usr/lib/jvm/j2re1.6-oracle/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so

Return to “LMDE Archive”