Mint 18.3 (Cin.) on VMWare player 14.1.2 breaks after installing libsdl2-ttf-dev

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GuidoR
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 18.3 (Cin.) on VMWare player 14.1.2 breaks after installing libsdl2-ttf-dev

Post by GuidoR »

Allright, just thought I'd put this out there as I could not find this online:

I was trying to setup a development environment (I'm developing an SDL2 application for an embedded target) and all of a sudden my mint 18.3 (64-bit) running on VMWare PLayer 14.1.2 on windows 8.1 Pro did not want to load the desktop after booting. I just got a black screen with a stuck cursor (not blinking).

After some testing I figured out this was due to the package libsdl2-ttf-dev. I'm not sure why I was installing this package, I guess I thought this was the one I needed for my application to work. Turns out, the libraries libsdl2-2.0-0 and libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0 were sufficient. [edit] Ok, I guess I do need the dev packages in order to build my application. Any workarounds?

So, bottom line: I think libsdl2-ttf-dev breaks Mint 18.3 cinnamon on VMWare player 14.1.2
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Virtual Machines”