QEMU KVM VM freezes every 30 sec or so software RAID problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stoofman
Level 1
Level 1

QEMU KVM VM freezes every 30 sec or so software RAID problem

Post by stoofman »

Hi Guys,

I have a linux host running QEMU KVM with virt manager running 5 VM's . A couple of linux boxes and an old windows xp .
It is running on a software raid 1 of 2 ssd's using mdadm . It has been running without problems for almost a year now until last week 1 of the SSD's in the software raid fell out of the raid, so it was in a degraded state. I replaced the ssd and re-added it to the raid, it got rebuilt and is in sync.
Ever since this happened I have a linux vm which freezes every 30 seconds or so for a couple of seconds. I don't know if it has anything todo with the raid issue I had, but it started from what it seems at the same time.
The other vm's however don't seem to have a problem, or at least not noticed by the users.
Where can I begin to troubleshoot this ?
any help is appreciated
thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pbear
Level 16
Level 16

Re: QEMU KVM VM freezes every 30 sec or so

Post by pbear »

Sounds like a RAID problem to me. If so, the folks likely to be able to help will not notice your thread unless they also happen to use VMs. You might want to ask a moderator to move the thread (click the exclamation mark on the first post).

Whether or not moved, you should modify the thread title to indicate it's a RAID problem. You do that by editing the first post (the pencil icon).
stoofman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: QEMU KVM VM freezes every 30 sec or so software RAID problem

Post by stoofman »

bump

anybody any idea?
stoofman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: QEMU KVM VM freezes every 30 sec or so software RAID problem

Post by stoofman »