Using Flatseal for Bottles Flatpak doesn't seem to work for mounted media?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
magnetor1000
Level 2
Level 2

Using Flatseal for Bottles Flatpak doesn't seem to work for mounted media?

Post by magnetor1000 »

I am using a Windows application within Bottles and I need that app to be able to access the SD card drive on my host Linux system. I opened up Flatseal and added the directory to the filesystem like so right under "Other Files" (the exclamation symbol to the right just means it was added by me and not a default path):
mountedmedia.png
I also tried using /media/jay/* , just in case I needed to add a wildcard to be an "all inclusive" pathname. But no cigar. I cannot view the mounted media within file explorer when using that app in Bottles.

See here (looked at two places within the file explorer):
nomediadir.png
nomediadir2.png

I even tried making a temporary directory (not mounted media, although don't know if that matters), and adding that the same way. Still doesn't appear.

Am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MikeNovember
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Using Flatseal for Bottles Flatpak doesn't seem to work for mounted media?

Post by MikeNovember »

Hi,

To access the SD Card you need to set access to "All system files" in Flatseal (this will give your application access to system files in read only mode, home files in read/write mode, and external disks / SD cards / USB keys in read/write mode).

Regards,

MN

Return to “Software & Applications”