Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jimwg
Level 4
Level 4

Aion Flickering Graphics/Wild Camera-POV Issue VirtualBox

Post by jimwg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Seasons Greetings!

I just got Aion running again on my Linux Mint 18.0 T400 Thinkpad via VirtualBox 5.10 and using Ubuntu mavens advice used Safe mode to install DirectX3D in it. I previously managed to run Aion on the previous VirtualBox version but suffered an unrelated hard drive crash and after reinstall, now found that Aion runs slightly choppy and some text and main avatar's polygon parts flicker and disappear and reappear as if rapidly being refreshed, although backgrounds and non-animated avatars are completely stable. I surmise that this must be a DirectX issue somehow because I don't recall installing it the first time around and I'm sorry I didn't jot down the VirtualBox settings and configuration prior the crash. Though I'm asking VirtualBox the same question. I'm hoping there are Aion gamers on this blog who might have come across the same issues.

Another issue BTW, on both Aion installs it seems your camera POV angle greatly exaggerates your control and movement and it's very difficult to center your avatar on a even keel floor. I tried turning off the camera alignment view in Aion but no go. Is this a VirtualBox effect I can nullify somehow?

Thank you for any advice.

Jim in NYC

Return to “Virtualization”