Mint 18.2 Mate Update Manager resizing? <Solved>

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbeveridge

Mint 18.2 Mate Update Manager resizing? <Solved>

Post by jbeveridge »

Just recently upgraded 3 machine from Mint 18.1 to 18.2. My problem is with my poor little Acer Aspire One Netbook. The screen is 1024 X 600, and the Update Manger box is over length height wise. Have tried drag it up so I get access the [OK] button, but that doesn't work. Neither does resizing by dragging inward at the top corners. Any ideas? As it is the manager is now useless.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Mint 18.2 Mate Update Manager resizing?

Post by Cosmo. »

At first: Why did you place the thread into the virtualization board? Is this on a virtual system? Which?

1024x600 is a very strange resolution. I know 1024x 768 and I know 800x600, but not this. Are you really sure about it?
Anyway, use this method: Press and hold the alt key and drag the window some way up, this should work. Alternatively press alt-F7 and use the arrow keys to move, than press the Enter-key.

There is one thing I do not understand: If the update manager worked for you in 18.1 (did it?), it should work also in 18.2

Not at least: What is your version of Mint and what is the desktop environment? If you don't know open a terminal and enter:

Code: Select all

inxi -Sz
Paste the output here.
jbeveridge

Re: Mint 18.2 Mate Update Manager resizing? <SOLVED>

Post by jbeveridge »

Thanks for the solution. :D
Sorry if my query was placed improperly. Have never used the forums before. MEA CULPA! :oops:

Yes, the screen resolution is 1024 X 600. This is only a netbook. It serves its purpose for some limited tasks.

Environment as follows --
Kernel: 4.10.0-26-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: Mate 1.18.0
Distro: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya
Last edited by jbeveridge on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

jbeveridge wrote:Thanks for the solution. :D
Do you say that your problem is solved? Than please mark it as such: Click in the starting post the pencil icon to edit it and add <SOLVED> to the title.
Eugene K

Post by Eugene K »

I'm not a topicstarter, but I've faced the same problem on my netbook. It really has resolution 1024x600
I have Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya with Xfce 4.12.3
I've resized this window one time and pressed button 'OK', but I can't repeat this action.
May be ALT+dragging can be a solution. But why this window doesn't maximize?

Return to “Virtual Machines”