Virtualbox error (Kenel driver not installed (rc=-1908)

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kady

Virtualbox error (Kenel driver not installed (rc=-1908)

Post by Kady »

Hey guys Whats up!
I would like to get some help from you, actually I have the linux mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bits...
I am trying to use the Virtualbox to install windows, but it gets some error

"Kenel driver not installed (rc=-1908)

The Virtualbox linux kernel driver (vboxdrv) is either not loaded or there is a permission problem with virtualbox-dkms package and loaded the karnel module by executing ' mobproe vboxdrv' as root.If it is available in your distribution, you should install the dkms package first. This package keeps track of linux kernel changes and recompiles the vboxdrv karnel module if necessary"

You guys know what i can do? I have tryied to find out tutorials on youtube, but they codes didn't worked for me...
Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Virtualbox error (Kenel driver not installed (rc=-1908)

Post by catweazel »

Please specify how you installed vbox, from the repos or via a download from somewhere. Also, please post the output of this command:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Enclose the results in code markers, which you can select from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Virtual Machines”