[SOLVED] How install and run (only this, no setup) epsxe in Linux LIVE Mint 18.2 DKE 64bit!

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MaoMao2

[SOLVED] How install and run (only this, no setup) epsxe in Linux LIVE Mint 18.2 DKE 64bit!

Post by MaoMao2 »

Hi all.
Is all the day that i search, i tested all the day for nothig... nothing solved.

I use Linux LIVE Mint 18.2 KDE 64bit USB

U can tell me the correct procedure (that works) for install and run epsxe 64bit or 32bit for this SO live?
(idk if for this 64bit SO is easy to install the 64bit version of ePSXe or the 32bit version, i think the 64bit but idk)

Consider that my Live SO reset in every restart, so i need of the correct procedure.
(after i will save all the deb in USB, but this is a my prob)

Tyvm for all.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How install and run (only this, no setup) epsxe in Linux LIVE Mint 18.2 DKE 64bit!

Post by jimallyn »

There are ways to put a Live operating system on a USB with "persistence." I have used MultiSystem to put multiple OSes on a USB with persistence, but there's probably an easier way to do it with just a single OS.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: How install and run (only this, no setup) epsxe in Linux LIVE Mint 18.2 DKE 64bit!

Post by MrEen »

It's a Playstation emulator, and even after downloading the linux version (a zip file) I have no idea what to do with it.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

I would first install Mint to the USB, then boot into it. Download the file to your new install, navigate to it with the File Manager, right click on the file, then click Extract Here. One of the extracted files will likely be a README file, which should tell you how to install the program. Yes, I am no longer talking about using a Live USB with persistence, I am talking about doing an install to the USB. I'm not sure exactly what happens when you do an install in a Live USB with persistence; does it install to the persistence area or what? Not sure. But if you install to the USB, you won't have to worry about that. You will want to have two USB sticks to do this, or a DVD to install from and a USB to install to.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
MaoMao2

Post by MaoMao2 »

REMOVED OLD VM SOLUTION
Last edited by MaoMao2 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaoMao2

Re: [solved with VM] How install and run (only this, no setup) epsxe in Linux LIVE Mint 18.2 DKE 64bit!

Post by MaoMao2 »

SOLVED ALL with "Live" Linux!!!

(the solution is "force" the setup of architecture 32bit with offline setup because 3/4 of deb files are update/upgrade and the system block this files! For this Wine don't work fine!)

Full correct procedure:
0) enable architecture 32bit with "sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 "
1) for to have a Offline Setup u need of start with classical setup with internet and Terminal commands.
2) the .deb files are stored on Root/var/cache/apt/archives
[IMPORTANT: u need to download in manual this 3 files (gcc-6-base_6.0.1-0ubuntu1_i386 - libgcc1_6.0.1-0ubuntu1_i386 - libasound2_1.1.0-0ubuntu1_i386) because are downloaded on automatic download, but no stored in the directory, this files are importants because without this 3 files the emulators don't work (pcsx2, ePXSe, wine etc..)]
3) copy all .deb files in the directory u want (i save all in the 2nd partition on the same USB with Linux Live Mint KDE 64bit)
4) on next clean reboot without internet (is always so for me ^_^ and all work without HDD!)
Enable Architecture 32bit and run the setup of architecture 32 bit with... open the terminal on ur the directory Offline Setup and write:
sudo dpkg -i --force-all *.deb (this is the solution, don't use the classical "sudo dpkg -i *.deb", but force all with "sudo dpkg -i --force-all *.deb "!!!!)
5) Now install the officials drivers video (nvidia for me) and yes, install also the 32bit drivers!
7) reboot the sddm graphical service (the name of graphic service change on new version, on Mint17 was mdm)
8 ) now install ur Wine from ur Offline Setup directory only with "sudo dpkg -i *.deb"
9) don't install directx, only copy with siles on System32 of .wine/../windows/system32 hidden directory on Home
d3dx9_24.dll
d3dx9_25.dll
d3dx9_26.dll
d3dx9_27.dll
d3dx9_28.dll
d3dx9_29.dll
d3dx9_30.dll
d3dx9_31.dll
d3dx9_32.dll
d3dx9_33.dll
d3dx9_34.dll
d3dx9_35.dll

x3daudio1_0.dll
x3daudio1_1.dll
x3daudio1_2.dll
xactengine2_0.dll
xactengine2_1.dll
xactengine2_2.dll
xactengine2_3.dll
xactengine2_4.dll
xactengine2_5.dll
xactengine2_6.dll
xactengine2_7.dll
xactengine2_8.dll
xactengine2_9.dll
xinput9_1_0.dll
xinput1_1.dll
xinput1_2.dll
xinput1_3.dll

FINISH AND ALL SOLVED!
So now ePSXe (Windows version) work fine now and without the heavy VM solution!
(don't use Linux version, work better Win version with Wine)
(+150 for me hahah) :P

Return to “Virtual Machines”