Nedit segmentation fault on LM 18.2

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Why Tea

Nedit segmentation fault on LM 18.2

Post by Why Tea »

This is the first time I ran Mint (as a Virtualbox VM). After installing Nedit, I get segmentation fault every time I run nedit. Does anyone know how to get around the issue?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

/Why Tea
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pbear
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Nedit segmentation fault on LM 18.2

Post by pbear »

From a forum search, it appears there has been exactly one prior thread on this subject. A workaround is mentioned which may help. If not, I suggest you request that a moderator move your thread to the general Software & Applications forum (rather than the virtualization sub-forum), as this seems not to be a VirtualBox issue and the thread is more likely to be noticed there by someone in a position to help.
Why Tea

Post by Why Tea »

Thanks pbear. I just didn't notice the last line in crsmith11's post was the workaround. Now that I have tried it on an 18.0 machine and an 18.0 Vbox VM, I can confirm that the workaround works on both.

Code: Select all

nedit -xrm '*font: -*-dina-medium-r-*-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-*-*' <filename> &
nedit-c -xrm '*font: -*-dina-medium-r-*-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-*-*' <filename>
pbear
Level 16
Level 16

Post by pbear »

Excellent!

Please go back to the first post, click edit (the pencil icon) and add "[Solved]" to the thread title. That way, other users will know the thread has been resolved. (You have to edit the first post, rather than your next reply, as it's the title of the first post which is indexed on the main page.)

Return to “Virtual Machines”