Virtualbox---My file is lost! Please help.

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
knurveren

Virtualbox---My file is lost! Please help.

Post by knurveren »

I had been just writing a paper with MS Ofiice 2016 a little time ago on the guest OS (Windows 7). Then I saved my file and want to copy it via drag-and-drop on the desktop of the host OS (Linux Mint KDE 18.2 and file sharing of the virtualbox was bidirectional case). Firstly, it was seeming that the file copied. But suddenly, KDE desktop interface was corrupted and the taskbar of KDE was lost. Now, there is no my file on the any desktop of the host OS or the guest OS. I shut down the both of OS and then reboot it. At this time, my file was lost. I don't find now it. Please help me because of it is important. I have spent more time to write it. Please help...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
knurveren

Re: Virtualbox---My file is lost! Please help.

Post by knurveren »

I found my file in the Program Files folder of the guest OS. I want to ask you something. I tried to copy the file from guest to host but I can't. OS asks me that "link here or extract here the file?". Namely, it does not copy the file exactly. What is problem in your opinion? What should I do to work it? Thank you for your interest and helps.
MintBean

Re: Virtualbox---My file is lost! Please help.

Post by MintBean »

I suggest you use a shared folder instead:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Virtu ... redFolders

Return to “Virtual Machines”