missing menu bar SOLVED

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

missing menu bar SOLVED

Post by mike acker »

I'm missing the menu bar at the top of the virtual machine window that should offer an assortment of options

i know I killed it by clicking the wrong switch, -- if anyone know how to get it to click back in -- help please :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
¡Viva la Resistencia!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: missing menu bar

Post by Cosmo. »

Press in the running VM Host-S to open the VM settings. In the last section you find the settings for the user interface.

If the VM is not running you can of course of open the VM settings from the VB Manager.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mike acker »

Ok -- that pops up the same menu that i get from the VM control and config program:
vm missing menu.jpeg
i moved the screenshot to the upper left corner -- that's where the options dialog used to be
i clicked something wrong -- now i cant get it back
¡Viva la Resistencia!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

You see in the top right a not checked box (next to "Help"); this means, that the menu is disabled. Set a checkmark inside and you should be good.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Post by mike acker »

Cosmo. wrote:You see in the top right a not checked box (next to "Help"); this means, that the menu is disabled. Set a checkmark inside and you should be good.

yep!!!!! thanks!
¡Viva la Resistencia!

Return to “Virtual Machines”