Windows 10 December won't run

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Windows 10 December won't run

Post by wutsinterweb »

so I had this problem on my desktop also and worked with a number of things and eventually got Windows 10 December Edition to run without locking up my whole system as with 5.0.x and throwing up errors with 5.2.x about kernel versions. I will have to try to run it again later on and post the contents of the error messages. But it's the same exact errors according to the messages as on my desktop, which I was able to "fix". I didn't write down a ledger of all the things I did, but I basically tried the same things on the laptop to no avail.

I am guessing that the Meltdown and Spectre fixes is what's related to this, on the Windows end?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I've been using Mint for over 4 years, but I'm still a slow learner. I have a website: https://pickfetish.com. It is dedicated to guitar/instrument picks.
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Windows 10 December won't run [Solved]

Post by wutsinterweb »

Ah, solved it:

After having set up the package source/software source and having access, went into synaptic and looked again thinking "if there is a version or kernal mismatch issue, perhaps it's something else, some other package related to vbox" so I removed all vbox added packages and the vbox version incementally. Then I only installed vbox 5.1 and tried installing Windows 10 December and booyaaa!
I've been using Mint for over 4 years, but I'm still a slow learner. I have a website: https://pickfetish.com. It is dedicated to guitar/instrument picks.

Return to “Virtual Machines”