Problems with virtualbox

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mylo_cr

Problems with virtualbox

Post by mylo_cr »

Hello everibody,
Please excuse my bad english i`m a latin guy :), i have problem with virtualbox. It gave me error like in atachment. Same error it gave me in win10. I think is from the program (version !?) because in bios (i upgraded last version) i don`t have any options virtualization. Any advice will be welcome. Thank you :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Problems with virtualbox

Post by WharfRat »

Hello mylo_cr Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)

The message indicates that the virtualization setting in the BIOS is not enabled.

So you'll have to get into the computer's BIOS setup screen and enable it :wink:
mylo_cr

Post by mylo_cr »

WarfRat thank you fr your quick answer. As i sed i don`t find in my bios any options about amd virtualization. Now i`m at work but when i reach hom i wll post (i hope ;) ) captures with my bios settings, maybe you can help me. I forgot to tel that i have an amd ryzen 5 1600 6 cores, 12 threads, and in my system inf apears even the threads. Wait for me to post captures wth bios settings. Thank you in advance :)
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

do look for AMD-V or VT-x ( intel ) it could be either, or both in the BIOS.

do also check the system settings in the VB guest as well, as that has to be checked, too.
- win-10 won't run, without these being correct.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
ClixTrix

Post by ClixTrix »

With Ryzen motherboards, the setting in BIOS is usually "SVM Mode" for using Virtualization Technology, and you need to set it "Enable". For my Gigabyte motherboard, it's located in the M.I.T. section of BIOS setup under the "Advanced CPU Core Settings".

I'm also seeing you have "PAE/NX" enabled in VirtualBox for Win8.1. You should work fine with that disabled. That setting is really an extension for 32-bit host processors to extend to 36-bit addressing for use with up to 64GB memory systems.

I run VB on my Ryzen too. :wink:

Return to “Virtual Machines”