Virtual Box Steep Learning Curve

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NoahsArk
Level 1
Level 1

Virtual Box Steep Learning Curve

Post by NoahsArk »

As noted in a different post, I’ve just installed VB in my Mint 18.1 along with an old original Windows 8.1 Thanks to this forum and after watching countless videos, all is working fine. You really can teach an old dog new tricks with patience and good searching abilities.

And then today...! Got an update saying there was a new kernel to download. I know some say you should install for security reasons while others say leave what is working alone. Yes, you’ve guessed, I downloaded the latest kernel only for VB to crash with a warning pop up written in a language that is beyond my technical knowledge. A quick copy-paste-search picked up the problem and gave the solution. Hey Presto! Back to normal. :lol: In future, unless advised on this forum, I’ll keep with what works.

Oh, I also got a fatal warning error. Not sure how I fixed it but I did. I think it was caused by my leaving my iPad on the keyboard - it must have pressed on something. :D

Kudos to all those who give of their time to make tutorial videos and write things in plain English like Pjotr on here. It is much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux - Il est interdit d' interdire
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Virtual Box Steep Learning Curve

Post by AZgl1800 »

I never install a new Kernel until AFTER several posts have been made referring to it.

I have avoided some bad ones that way.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Virtual Machines”