sharing windows 10 folders with mint 19-mate

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mysta56

sharing windows 10 folders with mint 19-mate

Post by Mysta56 »

Hello Minters,
Just installed mint 19-mate on a windows 10 host thru virtual box 5.2.18 and would like to share my music files from windows on mint. Read about network connectivity and was stumped. Set up VB with NAT. Should host and guest have same ip address? And how do i set up the share? Already shared windows folder but can't access it from mint. HELP!!!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: sharing windows 10 folders with mint 19-mate

Post by catweazel »

Mysta56 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:25 am Hello Minters,
Just installed mint 19-mate on a windows 10 host thru virtual box 5.2.18 and would like to share my music files from windows on mint. Read about network connectivity and was stumped. Set up VB with NAT. Should host and guest have same ip address? And how do i set up the share? Already shared windows folder but can't access it from mint. HELP!!!!!
Give the guest access to a shared folder on the host via VBox Manager, and make sure your linux user is a memeber of the vboxsf group.

sudo usermod -aG vboxsf $USER

Y0ou may also have to take ownership of the shared folder mount:

sudo chown boot:boot /media/sf_ShareName

Replace sf_ShareName with the name of the shared mount point.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Virtual Machines”