Virtual Box error

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mithran

Virtual Box error

Post by Mithran »

Dear All,

Thanks in advance, I am new to Linux Mint. I have tried to share folder via virtual box. Its not working.below image displayed.

I tried to install the same and very often network is also getting disconnected. how to add files via win-scp

Virtual Box Version - 6.0
Host Os - Windows 10

Virtual Box Os - Mint Cinnamon 18

Regards,
Mithran
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Virtual Box error

Post by WharfRat »

Mithran,

That error has to do with VB and not Mint.

Additionally your host OS is windows.

I would suggest posting your issue on a VB or windows forum if you don't get any replies here.

Good luck :wink:
Minty432

Post by Minty432 »

Hi Mithran,

Have you installed the Virtualbox Guest Additions from inside your Windows guest OS? Worked for me with Mint 19.1 / VB6 / Winodws 10 Pro (1809).

Hope the suggestion helps some.
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

First you need to install Guest Additions. To mount the ISO, you need to unmount any ISO that's already in the virtual CD drive. Click Devices --> Optical Drives, then select "Remove disk from virtual drive". Sometimes it will complain; select "Force" and should unmount properly. Now you can mount the GA ISO: click Devices --> Insert Guest Additions CD image.

Assuming that all of that works, you should be able to install GA on Mint.

Return to “Virtual Machines”