Need video access on the VM, please help

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Prime

Need video access on the VM, please help

Post by Prime »

Hello,

Glad to be on a new OS, and learning new things. I have a question, and no clue where to post it. I'm running Mint, and also running a VM inside of it, which is also Mint. The camera can be accessed on the computer, but not the VM. I really need video access on the VM. How do I solve this problem? I'm on a MacBook Pro from about 2008-2009. Thanks!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Need video access on the VM, please help

Post by JerryF »

Prime wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:20 am Hello,

Glad to be on a new OS, and learning new things. I have a question, and no clue where to post it. I'm running Mint, and also running a VM inside of it, which is also Mint. The camera can be accessed on the computer, but not the VM. I really need video access on the VM. How do I solve this problem? I'm on a MacBook Pro from about 2008-2009. Thanks!!!
First off, welcome!

Next, is your webcam built-in or is it a USB webcam?
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

As a test, I've been trying to accomplish the same thing. I'm running Mint 20.1 and in a virtual machine, I'm running Mint 20.

I have a USB webcam and when I make it available to the virtual machine, the VM system sees the webcam but I can't use it.

More to come...
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

For the past hour, I've gone through command after command that's been recommended by Virtualbox to pass the the webcam to the virtual machine.

No luck. Sorry. :x

Return to “Virtual Machines”