Windows Server on VirtualBox shared folder drag'ndrop

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
modfort

Windows Server on VirtualBox shared folder drag'ndrop

Post by modfort »

Helle everyone,
I'm trying to setup a windows server 2019 but i can't shared folders or drag'n drop i have already make in the setting the neccesary but windows dosn't find vboxsvr and i cann'ot copy and cat or drag'n drop, i have try in cmd-> net use x:\\vboxsvr but they don't find it, and i also try to reinstall but it's the same problème.
I have never had this problème with other distribution (i had use in manjaro and ubuntu)
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Windows Server on VirtualBox shared folder drag'ndrop

Post by Moonstone Man »

modfort wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:37 am ... i can't shared folders or drag'n drop i have already make in the setting the neccesary
To get that functionality to work in VirtualBox, you must install the extension pack specific to your version of VirtualBox, then you must install the guest additions in the guest OS.
I have never had this problème with other distribution (i had use in manjaro and ubuntu)
You most certainly would have if you had not installed either the extension pack or the guest additions.

Return to “Virtual Machines”