how to automount internal harddiscs

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
fingal12
Level 1
Level 1

how to automount internal harddiscs

Post by fingal12 »

Hi i want to try lmde but how can i get all of my internal harddiscs to automount during the installation? I have 5 harddisc and can only get the one with the OS automounted. Sorry for my bad english 8) I hope i can get some help because i want to try lmde. Thanks
fingal12
Level 1
Level 1

Re: how to automount internal harddiscs

Post by fingal12 »

ok no answers, so i will test lmde in virtualbox instead. So problem solved.
äxl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by äxl »

My Linux history: Ubuntu 10.04 - 10.10 - LMDE 201109 - UP4 My sources.list/preferences

Computers is not science. And it's not magic - it's something in between.
fingal12
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fingal12 »

sorry but that is not during the installation, its after the installation, and my question was not how to do it after, that I know. The day when i can get all of my internal harddiscs mouted during installation i lmde, that day i will install it.
DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Post by DrHu »

fingal12 wrote:The day when i can get all of my internal harddiscs mouted during installation i lmde, that day i will install it.
Ok, so the installation program only sees the drive/partition that is running when you install and grub, when it starts does not find any other drives

It possibly helps to know exactly what OS is on the other internal drives that don't mount: and since you know about grub, fstab and how to mount devices, you may also know that grub setup to mount other partitions may require some editing..
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Autom ... ide_Mounts
fingal12
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fingal12 »

No other Os on the other internal drives, and lmde only sees the drive i will install it to, not the other ones where i have all of my documents, pictures and so on.
"that grub setup to mount other partitions may require some editing" not when the installation is like ubuntu. There i can choose to have all of my drives mouted during the installation. Not all have only 1 harddisc, many have more.
äxl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by äxl »

fingal12 wrote:sorry but that is not during the installation, its after the installation, and my question was not how to do it after, that I know. The day when i can get all of my internal harddiscs mouted during installation i lmde, that day i will install it.
Sorry. But why do you want that anyway?
My Linux history: Ubuntu 10.04 - 10.10 - LMDE 201109 - UP4 My sources.list/preferences

Computers is not science. And it's not magic - it's something in between.
fingal12
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fingal12 »

Then I my ask you, why do have lmde? Maybe i have the same reason.

Return to “LMDE Archive”