Linux Mint Debian 6 Felicia (Unofficial) - I consider this release in a advanced
BETA/ STAGE. - MintGlacix 6 Felicia CE (Debian/Testing-based) - (it removes Debian name).
Also Unofficial - IT depends on Clem authorization after a detailed investigation.
MAKE THIS EDITION AS A LIVE DVD OR CD INSTALABLE
For the the installation choosing option 1 (one)
the iso size must be a DVD-SIZE
I think you (maybeway36) does not need to make a a debian package for updating
mintInstall to version 5.3.6 or other mint tools
I added Romeo repo to my sources list
## +++ Romeo (unstable)
(apt-get update)- now i have mint tools that were upgrade
Have mintmenudebian 6.0.7
It worked for me
- MintUpdate only works launched from the menu adm > mintUpdate
Launched from the Panel. it works (sometimes) from the panel
when granting rights.
- Synaptic only works launched from the menu system - Synaptic (left)
- a lot of warning poppin up showed in a gui test-mode
(granting rights) It's annoying - but we can make them disappear
(ckeck the box - don't show it again.
- Drivers for video cards Via k8 e k9 CHROME are problematic
Your screen resolution will not fit or you get a low resolution.
I think the system does not loaded the correct drivers.
You can consult - # gedit etc/X11/xorg.conf (as root)
A boot option like compatibility mode would be useful (it solves some
problems with screen resolution and can recognize video cards)
HERE, THIS CAN BE A SOLUTION AS ROOT FOR USERS
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
- Drivers for ATI e Nvidia - Synaptic - try or install them manually
- Compiz Fusion (it was loaded during installation) - Synaptic - try
- Install gnome-screensaver - screensaver and power management
- Install disk-manager to maount other patitions on your hardrive (Synaptic)
adm > disk manager
Enable NTFS write - Make sure (Synaptic) you have ntfs-3g installed
FLOPPY - HAL ERROR - can not be mounted
For umounting partitions open disk manager and umount that you want
- It's not a Live CD Install - It's a CD install only
- mint4win included
- Kernel 2.6.21-1 (possible to choose other before installing)
ADM > ADD/REMOVE APPLICATIONS
A FANTASTIC DEBIAN SOFTWARE - BY CATEGORIES/SUB-CATEGORIES
INSTALL/UNINSTALL SOFTWARE - DEBIAN / DEBIAN THIRD PARTY (Gnome)
A BIG/LARGE COLLECTION OF SOFTWARES
AVAILABLE ON YOUR DESKTOP.
CORRESPONDENTS: - MINTINSTALL - SYNAPTIC - ADD/REMOVE APPLICATIONS
- APT/TERMINAL-DEBIAN PACKAGES -# apt-get update -
# apt-get install <package> ( as last option)
YOU CAN FIND SUPPORT TO WIRELESS -SYSTEM TOOLS
WINDOWS DRIVES FOR WIRELESS SUPPORT - RATED ** 2 STARS
-BLUETOOTH-PALM OS-ADSL/PPPOE CONFIGURATION
NETWORK TOOLS, SERVER TOOLS AND MORE..
Sources list posted above in other post
- Packages from Mint Portal is included to the sources list
It seems compatable to the system (Debian testing) Debian CE
Unless Ice Weasel and Ice Dove may conflict with Firefox
and Thunderbird .
I have installed 3 Apps (trough mintInstall) - no problems.
- mintUpdate works good - various updates done.
- System supports many languages
- some apps only in English - need to install locales
(Ice Weasel - Ice Dove)
- During the process of installation, the system updates the
necessary packages - After finishing the installation, you
don't need to update anything
(for example: i installed the system 2 days yesterday - Have done 9 updates
through mintUpdate till now.
- For those who performed installation from 2 to 5 option - no apps
(categories-sub-categories) installed. Only tools and it's time to install
the apps - through Synaptic or mintInstall (Avoid APT -only when necessary)
The system generates itself categories and sub-categories
- Mint tools support only languages that were translated
on the forum (Thread - tranlations) - if yours not, so english
is the default.
- All the Mint tools are updated to their latest version including
xorg.conf - posted now as follow:
For someone else with bad or low resolution try to reconfigure or
fix screen resolution (Vesa for instance) or ty to set up your video card
Something has to be done to fix the problem if you have it.
No problems for me.
Mine is OK - only video driver and Compiz not installed.
As far as the system seems to be stable.
TRY TO GET IT OFFICIAL OR GO WITH YOUR OWN PROJECT
WHY NOT TRY TO DEVELOP A MINT DEBIAN CE E17 ENVIRONMENT? OR ONLY A MINT
E17 CE ENVIRONMENT - LINUX MINT DOES NOT HAVE A E17 CE ENVIRONMENT. BUT KEEP IN MIND
THAT ALL YOU DO SHOULD BE SUBMITTED (CLEM), TO MINT TEAM BEFORE AN ISO BECOMES AVAILABLE
TO PUBLIC DOWNLOAD. LIKE OTHER MINT'S CE DEVELOPERS DO.