Will LMDE ISO Ever Be Updated?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
monkeyboy

Re: Will LMDE ISO Ever Be Updated?

Post by monkeyboy »

yro wrote:the isos got rejected...

for the mnt team: will the new up6 isos get released? if so, when?
Dude think about it. Problem solving doesn't came with a schedule and volunteers seldom punch time clocks. In addition and as a point of observation the people who are squashing the bugs seldom answer "when" questions. Good Luck
M_aD
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_aD »

yro wrote:the isos got rejected...

for the mnt team: will the new up6 isos get released? if so, when?
As said in this topic a few days ago: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 1&t=126003
Mr. B wrote:We had this question and the discussion that follows after that a couple of times now. The answer is always the same, they will be ready when they are found to be stable enough to be released after testing them.

The progress can be followed on:

http://community.linuxmint.com/iso

As you can see the last iso's are rejected due some problems we found that need to be fixed first before the new test iso's can be released for... well... testing.

Again, there's no ETA when the RC's will be out.
At the moment the new iso's are being tested.

I can't quite understand why people keep asking the same questions over and over again, especially those who have been a member here for a longer time....... It's just a matter of looking at the community site and follow the progress.
For a newcomer i can understand but then again searching through the forums to get the answer is a piece of cake. ;) :)
casper956

Post by casper956 »

well people can also volunteer to test the new iso (like me). The more people will help, the better and hopefully sooner it comes public (if the test iso are offcourse approved).
yro

Post by yro »

zerozero wrote:yro
look again http://community.linuxmint.com/iso :D
holly shit!!!

that was fast :D

waiting for the isos...
X.LINK

Post by X.LINK »

I don't understand why the RC isos became so.

I mean, there's still some untested cases and they also has some failures, like EFI installation (every new computers has one !), home folder encryption and plymouth text theme, etc.

Furthermore, there's some lacks like gnome-disk-utility (palimpsest, which is the easiest way to unmount weird devices properly)
and vlc (replaced ?!? Where are the feedback from mint 14 ?).

On another subject, does the 3D for Intel HD 3000 and HD 4000 have been fixed ?
There's a lot of glitches on Unigine Heaven benchmark, Minecraft and most games tested, mostly texture ones.

Do these new isos boot on AMD apu's ? I had tested LMDE's build 22/04/2012 on a llano platform (AMD's first generation of apu) and couldn't boot while Backtrack R3 did fine.

It's just so strange, I do prefer having a full stable iso when it's done than a buggy one like ubuntu (release on time schedule).
I'm saying so because I plan to deploy it on a lot of computers (university IT department, family, friends and more...) and hope for
official explanations.

By the way, thanks for the whole work ! It became a pleasure to use debian since LMDE exists ! :D
cpatrick08

Post by cpatrick08 »

X.LINK wrote:I don't understand why the RC isos became so.

I mean, there's still some untested cases and they also has some failures, like EFI installation (every new computers has one !), home folder encryption and plymouth text theme, etc.

Furthermore, there's some lacks like gnome-disk-utility (palimpsest, which is the easiest way to unmount weird devices properly)
and vlc (replaced ?!? Where are the feedback from mint 14 ?).

On another subject, does the 3D for Intel HD 3000 and HD 4000 have been fixed ?
There's a lot of glitches on Unigine Heaven benchmark, Minecraft and most games tested, mostly texture ones.

Do these new isos boot on AMD apu's ? I had tested LMDE's build 22/04/2012 on a llano platform (AMD's first generation of apu) and couldn't boot while Backtrack R3 did fine.

It's just so strange, I do prefer having a full stable iso when it's done than a buggy one like ubuntu (release on time schedule).
I'm saying so because I plan to deploy it on a lot of computers (university IT department, family, friends and more...) and hope for
official explanations.

By the way, thanks for the whole work ! It became a pleasure to use debian since LMDE exists ! :D
I also wonder where the feedback for mint 14 is, I like VLC better then mplayer and totem
yro

Post by yro »

guys, where can i get the rc isos for lmde mate ?
0xnak

Post by 0xnak »

They are up on some of the mirrors. For instance: http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/linuxmint-iso/testing/. Be wary though as they are just release candidates and could still be buggy.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

The ISOs are approved for RC release now so I'm closing this thread

Return to “LMDE Archive”