vlad1777d
Level 1
Level 1

Absent flags on keyboard applet [CLOSED]

Post by vlad1777d »

This problem has gone after update.

Hello.

(beforehand sorry for my bad English)
I installed LMDE 2 from iso: lmde-2-201503-cinnamon-64bit. All was good.
Than I updated it with mintupdate.
After rebooting flags on keyboard applet disappeared. And switching them on/off do not help (only the label id visible: en (for English), ru (for Russian), etc.

Help please what to do to appear them again?
Maybe there is a way to remove/install that applet or the flags are a part of another package and do not goes with the applet?

Thank you.
Last edited by vlad1777d on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vlad1777d
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Absent flags on keyboard applet [OPEN]

Post by vlad1777d »

Up, the problem is still present.
kevinthefixer
Level 4
Level 4

Post by kevinthefixer »

Sorry I missed your earlier post. Exactly what keyboard applet are you referring to? Is it the "keyboard accessibility status" one? And do you mean that it should be showing the flag of the country that the keyboard is set to, like a Russian flag, or a British or Japanese or United States flag?
vlad1777d
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vlad1777d »

kevinthefixer wrote:Sorry I missed your earlier post. Exactly what keyboard applet are you referring to? Is it the "keyboard accessibility status" one? And do you mean that it should be showing the flag of the country that the keyboard is set to, like a Russian flag, or a British or Japanese or United States flag?
The keyboard@cinnamon.org applet: https://pp.vk.me/c623917/v623917447/4f0 ... 4Ah1og.jpg

Yes, I mean this. It always showed flags like Gxneur, but now it do not show flags without regard on properties: switched on or switched off option 'show flags for keyboard layout'.
Fragezeichen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Fragezeichen »

For me the flags aren't showing anymore either, even though I have activated it in the keyboard applet settings. However, switching between different keyboard layouts just works fine. So I think it's a bug.
vlad1777d
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vlad1777d »

I made copy from old keyboard applet with name keyboard_old@cinnamon.orh, it works good.
But newer version have some changes in code, so i want to correct and use it.

Return to “LMDE Archive”