[SOLVED]Resolution is changing itself.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
vlad1777d
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED]Resolution is changing itself.

Post by vlad1777d »

Hello.

When I'm booting LMDE 2, resolution is changing itself from 1280x1024 in grub (what I set in /etc/default/grub) to 640x480 or 800x600 (don't know exactly) in same time when appears text: early console booting.
decompressing, etc., than when boot screen (Plymouth) with Linux Mint is launching, the resolutions switches to 1280x1024 back.

In Linux Mint based on Ubuntu there was not such problem.

Maybe you know some configuration files, in witch that lesser resolution I can switch to 1280x1024, to remove sound of switching resolution from monitor? Tell please how to correct this.

Thanks.

So, as the resolution changed itself on that time when appears text "early console", I have written to DuckDuckGo request "early console resolution debian" (debian - because: 1. This problem appeared on Debian Jessie too, in Ubuntu or Linux Mint - not; 2. There is more chance to find answer for Debian because it has more users than LMDE 2).
In fifth link ( http://www.blasterspike.it/2013/10/20/d ... esolution/ ) was written:

I’m running a VM with Debian Wheezy on a Parallels Desktop installation on a MacBook Pro early 2011 and Debian can’t get automatically the correct video resolution.
To correct it, edit /etc/default/grub and add these 2 lines:
GRUB_GFXMODE=1280x800
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1280x800
Enjoy big_grin

So, as I wrote already resolution for GFXMODE, I added second line with appropriate resolution for GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX and updated grub ("sudo grub-update").
Now all is good.

Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: [SOLVED]Resolution is changing itself.

Post by Monsta »

Code: Select all

GRUB_GFXMODE=1280x800
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
would do the same and you wouldn't have to write the resolution twice :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”