LMDE in netbooks

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
vicshrike
Level 2
Level 2

Re: LMDE in netbooks

Post by vicshrike »

finally got around to test it live on my 1000H Asus eee, and it is smokin.....Holy Mahoghny, works like a dream... :shock:
flygon250
Level 1
Level 1

Post by flygon250 »

I am running LMDE ona Eee 904HD. It works like a charm. It hits around the 50% when running GNOME with 2 panels, Compiz (3D effects), Opera (or Firefox) with lots of tabs and GNOME do. The only time I ever hit 100% CPU on LMDE is when watching videos on Youtube etc.

As for making it intuitive on a netbook, I personally use Gnome Do for that job. You can find it in the software center. It's a keyboard-centric program launcher that is accessed through a keyboard shortcut, which is usually super (AKA the windows key) + space. It disappears after you launch a program or press the escape key, so screen real estate is no problem. You can use it for a lot of other things as well.
soreil
Level 1
Level 1

Post by soreil »

flygon250 wrote:I am running LMDE ona Eee 904HD. It works like a charm. It hits around the 50% when running GNOME with 2 panels, Compiz (3D effects), Opera (or Firefox) with lots of tabs and GNOME do. The only time I ever hit 100% CPU on LMDE is when watching videos on Youtube etc.

As for making it intuitive on a netbook, I personally use Gnome Do for that job. You can find it in the software center. It's a keyboard-centric program launcher that is accessed through a keyboard shortcut, which is usually super (AKA the windows key) + space. It disappears after you launch a program or press the escape key, so screen real estate is no problem. You can use it for a lot of other things as well.

Same here. Most used program on my netbook. I am running Mint 9 though; seems more fun to keep both the main and LMDE around(LMDE being on the desktop).
LMDE rig : Phenom II 955 @4GHz - HD5870 -120GB Vertex 2 - 40GB Intel X25-V - 1TB Spinpoint F1 - 4GB RAM - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - And a Megahalems to keep that 955 cool.
Netbook(LM9): N110 with a 120GB Vertex 2
indaymadel
Level 2
Level 2

Post by indaymadel »

I'm also planning to install LMDE on Lenovo notebook. I'm just not sure if all the features work.
Yes, LTS is a good option but I also want my Linux Mint install to be always up to date. Updated firefox, pidgin, etc. With LTS, i can only get security updates but not major updates.
Get started building backlinks using my free backlinks collection.
mfdemicco
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mfdemicco »

If you want it to run faster, install Openbox, and choose Gnome/Openbox session when you log in. Speeds up my desktop and netbook.
jesica
Level 9
Level 9

Post by jesica »

works like a charm on my eeepc

Happy apt-get-ing!

Security is the separation of an asset from a threat.
Berkah
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Berkah »

...one problem especially with Netbooks:
No encryption option (yet?!?!?) during installation of LMDE.... :?
vicshrike
Level 2
Level 2

Post by vicshrike »

Will probably install LMDE on my netbook later, after the release of an updated iso. I will then dump Ubuntu, am a little bit hesitant to say it the least about the changes that Ubuntu is going through, it makes me feel very uncomfortable. Will read up on the subject in the meantime.

Return to “LMDE Archive”