Trying Mint 10?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
flygon250
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Trying Mint 10?

Post by flygon250 »

I'm not a huge fan of Ubuntu or its derivatives, so I will be sticking to LMDE. There's no need to change a distro that's quick (on a netbook and using GNOME, may I add) and you don't have to reinstall. If I did decide to change, it would be for another rolling-release distro, which Ubuntu/Mint 10 isn't.
Transitman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Transitman »

Since 12/2005, I had been using Ubuntu and then Mint/Ubuntu.
When this LMDE release came out, I put it in a Virtual Box testing environment, played with it and liked what I saw.
Blew away my Ubuntu partitions, repartitioned my drive and installed LMDE.
Stability is amazing me, and programs installed are working like they should.
It is now my main OS, with Mint 9 installed on another computer.

Bottom line, good job to Mint Team on rolling out this distro.
jeffreyC
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jeffreyC »

Try, well, when 10 Fluxbox comes out I'll at least give the live CD a spin, but for those I still have Ubuntu based on I do like LTS.
Get Dropbox and an extra 250 mb http://db.tt/wAizqw0
vicshrike
Level 2
Level 2

Post by vicshrike »

No, I`ll stick with LMDE, am waiting for the "unfreeze" with great interest! Exciting times lay ahead of us!
notty
Level 1
Level 1

Post by notty »

vicshrike wrote:No, I`ll stick with LMDE, am waiting for the "unfreeze" with great interest! Exciting times lay ahead of us!

How long do 'freezes' typically last ?
khan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by khan »

I've got LMDE on one computer and LM10 on my laptop. I have to say i'm not sure which one I like better. I'm really impressed with the look and feel of LM10, but it also seems to me that LMDE is a little easier to get going. I had a huge pain trying to get my intel Wireless card to work in both LM9 and LM10 without several reboots. I slapped some old linksys wireless G card in my LMDE computer and had it up and running in under 10 min without any reboot.

It's a love hate relationship with the main editions, but after I get them going it's smooth sailing from there. If LMDE gets a little more polished I may put that on my laptop as well, but we'll see where the project goes from there. Not to say i'm not going to use LMDE, but i'm going to wait a bit before making the final leap as my only distro.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Well, I finally gave in and decided to try out Mint 10 and I'm glad I did. It's pretty impressive. I've replaced my Mint 9 partition with Mint 10 so that I have both LMDE & 10 on my laptop available for use. I still use LMDE as primary OS, but at least if the fancy strikes me...
Mint Cinnamon 20
rbloch66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rbloch66 »

I haven't stopped being impressed with LMDE. Not really interested in trying 10. Curious? Yes... but it stops there. :D
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

notty wrote:How long do 'freezes' typically last ?
The stock answer is until the stable release is ready. The last I heard it will be December or later.
Mint Cinnamon 20

Return to “LMDE Archive”