Theming brainstorm for LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
samriggs

Re: Theming brainstorm for LMDE

Post by samriggs »

:D cool it looks great.
Now ya got me wanting to change mine to blue :lol:
I got it all green right now according to the mint green style but I must admit I do like blue better.
Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

SmithTech
You sold me on the blue (well I am partial to it because it is my favorite color)
I've been working on a blue theme as well in my spare time just to see what it would look like, got the metacity frame done next I'll do the gtk then the wallpaper later (still trying to think of something to go with this theme).
Here's my attempt at a blue one so far.
metacitydone.png
Still got a ways to go, I'll make this green as well before finished and uploaded of course for the green minters (I have made three or four green ones now, it is nice to do something different for once :D )
I'll add a KDE word at the bottom as well as the rest of the stuff and try and make a xfce file for this (might need a tester since I don't use that and just learning how to put those pieces togeather).

Anyhow that's my attempt so far.

This one is now finished you can check it out here

Sam
artouk

Post by artouk »

I posted this in the Artwork forum but was told to post it here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 44#p445531
Quick wallpaper I threw together for LMDE, trying to aim for something simple but stylish.

'Logo' done in Inkscape and the rest in GIMP

only in 1920x1080 atm but I'll knock out some other res' if there is demand.

samriggs

Post by samriggs »

artouk wrote:I posted this in the Artwork forum but was told to post it here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 44#p445531
Excellent work :)
You might want to post it here so others can download it from the linux mint art section.
http://linuxmint-art.org/

Keep up the great work.
Sam
artouk

Post by artouk »

samriggs wrote: Excellent work :)
You might want to post it here so others can download it from the linux mint art section.
http://linuxmint-art.org/

Keep up the great work.
Sam
As I seem to be getting some positive responces, I'll knock out some versions in other resolutions and stick them all up there and if people are interested I'll chuck in the 'logo' svg and gimp files for the wallpapers. But that will have to be tomorrow its 4.30 am :/
artouk

Post by artouk »

I Updated the main post here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... f8#p445567

LMDE Simplicty

LDME Simplicity is currently a wallpaper pack for LMDE with plans to build a theme around it.
If you would like to assist in creating the theme please drop me an email arto.seth@gmail.com.
Feel free to modify this pack as you wish and redistribute as long as credit is given.

All updates will be posted to:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... f8#p445567

Included in this pack:

lmde_simplicity_800x600.png
lmde_simplicity_1024x768.png
lmde_simplicity_1400x1050.png
lmde_simplicity_1600x1200.png
lmde_simplicity_1280x720.png
lmde_simplicity_1920x1080.png
LMDE_SIMPLICITY_LOGO.png
LMDE_SIMPLICITY_LOGO.svg
LMDE_SIMPLICITY_WP.xcf
mintMenu-logo.png

Main font used:

http://www.dafont.com/amorino.font

DOWNLOAD COMPLETE PACK
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Excellent :D
Thank you artouk
Wow that's a lot of size versions :shock: A lot of work to get those.
I guess I'm lazy :lol: I just put up a 2560x1600 and a 1600x1200 and shove the gimp files up to let others change their own sizes.
Thanks again.
Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Wow nice job, especially for your first attempt at blender.
I have yet to get into blender, I have had it installed for years, even got a book on it but as of yet never really used it except for a java me game I was learning to build.
Must get into blender, it looks like some really cool artwork can be created with it.
Sam
msm

Post by msm »

samriggs wrote:Alrighty I have the dark pretty much finished, just have to tweak some text colors as far as I can see so far, unless I find more stuff that needs to be tweaked.
I made it so all you have to do is drop background files to change the whole background, (you'll see the difference in a dark metallic one and just a black one.
(Nice and easy to make it whatever color you want (although I think dark looks cool, I still prefer light myself to work with, so I'll make one almost the same excpt for light colors or light patterns)
Great looking theme! I must be doing something wrong when trying to install it. I get the following error message:

Is there a special way to install this theme?
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Great looking theme! I must be doing something wrong when trying to install it. I get the following error message:

Is there a special way to install this theme?[/quote]
Howdy msm
Yup you put the whole folder in your .theme folder, it says OPEN FIRST , I put more then one theme inside that folder plus a read me to show you the different options you have with this theme and how to do it, with this theme you have a light series and a dark series plus a background folder, I made these theme so you can choose your own background or make your own as long as its tileable and the same size as the background I use.
Open up that folder if you want a light theme (with a light color background) choose the LMDE-Light-Series folder and put that into your .theme folder if you want a dark theme choose the LMDE-dark-series instead and put that into .theme folder, if you want a different background for either follow the instructions in the read me file I wrote.
I wanted to be able to let the users make there own backgrounds or the one I made.
If you don't know where the .theme is go to your home folder press ctrl + H if one doesn't appear them create a folder named .theme and put it in there.
Hope this helps.
Sam
msm

Post by msm »

Got it. Using the dark theme now. Thank you for your help :D
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

No Problem
Glad you like it
Sam
Wuts

Post by Wuts »

anyone like this?

Image\

Wuts
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Looks good for an office computer or schoolwork or teachers or along those lines, did you make that icon set?
Sam
leonidas79

Post by leonidas79 »

Minty-Freshness is my favorite theme :D
kaysilver

Post by kaysilver »

if i can help in anyway ,all you need do is ask. just not very well versed in linux but am willing to test anything and give feedback if needed.if i can help just give a shout. love mint.tried several ,using mintdeb and 11 main.thanks for all the hardwork everyone does to make this OS the best i have found! 8) :wink: :D
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

leonidas79 wrote:Minty-Freshness is my favorite theme :D
same here - did we p**s SkiesOfAzel off?
parijathakumar

Post by parijathakumar »

The theme (screenshot) by 'Wuts' is wonderful. I vote for it.
Intio

Post by Intio »

gotjazz wrote:
leonidas79 wrote:Minty-Freshness is my favorite theme :D
same here - did we p**s SkiesOfAzel off?
I was wondering that myself. I installed the 0.5.5 version from a DEB a while ago, and the theme has never updated since. Is that the last version?

Return to “LMDE Archive”