Same Gnome/Gnome Games

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
bootmakr
Level 2
Level 2

Same Gnome/Gnome Games

Post by bootmakr »

I'm trying to download and install Gnome Games - because I want the Same Gnome pictured here. It is not available in any of the Debian packages, whether stable, Testing, or Sid from what I can see at the Debian Packages site. I've gone to the Gnome Games site, but they don't break up the games individually, I guess, so I went here to get the download.
[ ] LATEST-IS-2.31.92.1 16-Sep-2010 23:02 31M
[ ] gnome-games-2.31.1-2.31.2.diff.gz 25-May-2010 04:06 150K
[ ] gnome-games-2.31.1.sha256sum 03-May-2010 23:48 185
[ ] gnome-games-2.31.1.tar.bz2 03-May-2010 23:48 26M
[ ] gnome-games-2.31.1.tar.gz 03-May-2010 23:48 30M
[ ] gnome-games-2.31.2.changes 25-May-2010 04:06 12K
[ ]
I downloaded LATEST, but can't open it or extract it to see if it will work. The website says it is 31Mb and my file manager says it is a 30.5Mb Gzip archive, but it has no file extension :?. Did I download the wrong one? if not, how do I "extract and run" it so's I can put it under the 'GAMES' heading in my Mint menu? I already have the KDE games installed and did update-menus which worked fine, but Gnome is not co-operating! I am somewhat familiar with the Linux CLI, so if that's what I need to use, what commands do I need to use to get this show on the road :?:

Any help would be much appreciated.
kabads
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Same Gnome/Gnome Games

Post by kabads »

What version of gnome are you running? If you are running gnome 3, then my hunch is that these games won't be available (I think they need recoding for gnome 3). If you're running mate, then you should be able to install them from the repository.
Darcy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Darcy »

The bottom one on the list is the same package and has the .gz extension.
I am old and senile (I think) please be nice.
bootmakr
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bootmakr »

I'm running the LMDE XFCE 64-bit version - it took some doing, but I have got some of the games installed (not the one I wanted tho), but when I updated the menus, it installed them to 'other' rather than 'games.' Is there any way to move them from 'other' to the 'games' part of the menu? As I was trying to

Code: Select all

./configure 
and

make install
it kept telling me it couldn't configure because of some KDE stuff, but I couldn't find the KDE stuff on the Internet, so I gave up for now!

checking for KDE card themes base path... configure: error: When enabling the KDE card theme format, you must specify the KDE card themes base path.
I was following a tutorial about compiling, since the Gnome page said it needed to be compiled. I've never compiled anything before, so I must have done something wrong, but I don't know what it is!

Return to “LMDE Archive”