Menu bar single click - click and hold

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Penn
Level 5
Level 5

Menu bar single click - click and hold

Postby Penn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:50 pm

Due to a hard drive issue I had to start fresh with LMDE2 right about the time the new ISO came out (I think that was a new ISO). This may have existed before then but I am getting annoyed with it now that I've been noticing lately but it might be something new.

When I click once with either touchpad or mouse on the menu bar I get locked on to drag the window to a new location but only on some apps such, mainly all the mint and xapps as wekk as terminal. When all I am trying to do is put the focus on that window that behavior is annoying.

I have searched for an answer but maybe my search terms are wrong. How to I make this behavior go away?

Monsta
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Menu bar single click - click and hold

Postby Monsta » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:42 am

It's a bug in GTK+ 3.14 (so it affects only GTK+3 apps). So far, I couldn't find a solution.

JosephM
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Menu bar single click - click and hold

Postby JosephM » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:39 pm

I've never been able to find a solution for this either. The one piece of good news is that the bug only seems to exist in gtk3.14. I haven't encountered it in any other version.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.

Return to “Newbie Questions”