Cycle Through All Windows on All Workspaces

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
idtent

Cycle Through All Windows on All Workspaces

Post by idtent »

Using LMDE 2 Mate. Can not find the setting for this in control center, keyboard-shortcuts or workspace switcher applet dialogues.

Also, wrap around does not work in workspace switcher panel applet.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Cycle Through All Windows on All Workspaces

Post by kyphi »

In Cinnamon this is done by holding down Ctrl+Alt and using the left/right arrow keys.

Perhaps this will work in LMDE as well.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
idtent

Post by idtent »

kyphi wrote:In Cinnamon this is done by holding down Ctrl+Alt and using the left/right arrow keys.

Perhaps this will work in LMDE as well.
This works. However, this switches workspaces. Alt-tab cycles through windows in a workspace. As in Linuxmint 17.1 XFCE Alt-tab can be set to cycle through all open windows on every workspace (Settings > Window Manager Tweaks).

Perhaps this function is unique to XFCE and not Mate. I've been using some flavor of Linux for over 15 years, typically but not always with the XFCE window manager, and do not recall not having this feature. Figured that I just had not found where to set in LMDE Mate.
jean.jordaan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jean.jordaan »

idtent wrote:Alt-tab cycles through windows in a workspace. As in Linuxmint 17.1 XFCE Alt-tab can be set to cycle through all open windows on every workspace (Settings > Window Manager Tweaks).
I'm having the opposite problem. When I'm on workspace 5, there may be only two browser windows and a terminal. I want alt-tab to cycle through *only* these three windows. I'd also like the panel to show only these three windows.

Instead, alt-tab always ends up warping back to a browser window on workspace 1. The windows in workspace 5 are always at the *end* of the sequence, even though they were active.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

leucocyte wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 pm Sorry to answer three years later.
You should be sorry, because you did not read or respect the forum rules (section II #2).

Return to “LMDE Archive”