LMDE : brightness controller doesn't work

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
MasterboyMP

LMDE : brightness controller doesn't work

Post by MasterboyMP »

Hello

I have just put LMDE (Linux Mint from-Debian version) in my computer but I got a problem right now : when I press the brightness key nothing's going on, it doesn't work. I can"t get high or get low the brightness. What can I do

Thank you for your further help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MasterboyMP

Re: LMDE : brightness controller doesn't work

Post by MasterboyMP »

I've already solved it. :D
kevinthefixer
Level 4
Level 4

Post by kevinthefixer »

Perhaps you could share the wisdom? It only took you a half-hour but someone else might never find it.
jonnymopar

Post by jonnymopar »

Yes, please post how you solved it. Many of the solutions I've found pertain to Intel video adapters. Even though I have a Radeon Mobility, I've tried the fixes anyway with no luck.

Honestly I'm surprised to have this issue with LMDE2. Along side LMDE2, I have Debian Gnome installed. LMDE2 worked nearly perfectly out of the box, while Debian Gnome needed some help with drivers in order to work properly. That said, the brightness controls worked fine from the beginning in Debian. I'm probably just expecting to be spoiled by LMDE2 because it's the all-around easiest and smoothest-running distro I've ever tried.
jonnymopar

Post by jonnymopar »

Shame that this guy apparently joined the forum for half an hour, then left town. I was hoping to get an answer about this since it's still an issue for me.

Return to “LMDE Archive”